WeChat is catching up to WhatsApp

konfab

Honorary Master
"The Chinese government thanks all WeChat users gratefully for their personal info"

Ninja'd

A Djinn
WeChat has over 700 million monthly active users, according to a report from BI Intelligence. This is an increase of 29% year-on-year.

BI Intelligence said the Chinese instant messaging service is quickly catching up to WhatsApp, which has 1 billion monthly active user

How many of WeChat's users are in China?

markings

Expert Member
WeChat had video calls before WhatsApp. I don't know the quality of it on WhatsApp but compared to Messenger the WeChat video quality is vastly superior.

Baxteen

Honorary Master
I also think the M4Jam thing had a big influence on the wichat numbers in SA.

it takes a lot for me to say, but I think whatsapp is better than weChat. neither compare to Telegram but you all already knew I was going to say that.

konfab

Honorary Master

it takes a lot for me to say, but I think whatsapp is better than weChat. neither compare to Telegram but you all already knew I was going to say that.

User privacy is literally a foreign concept to WeChat.

Ninja'd

A Djinn

Read the first sentence and I was like okay, maybe he'll not mention.

You know what, at this point Telegram users should be lumped together with vegans and crossfit people.

konfab

Honorary Master
Read the first sentence and I was like okay, maybe he'll not mention.

You know what, at this point Telegram users should be lumped together with vegans and crossfit people.

Look at this Telephobic bigot

Baxteen

Honorary Master
I work in an office full of crossfit people.
I am an athesit and I use telegram.

I do not have any vegan friends, but I do know some people who are vegan.

ANd nothing, and I mean nothing compares to crossfit people. the one plays CS:GO a lot. he will interrupt stories about headshots to talk about crossfit.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
ANd nothing, and I mean nothing compares to crossfit people. the one plays CS:GO a lot. he will interrupt stories about headshots to talk about crossfit.

There I was, drinking a beer at a bar when a guy comes over to talk about crossfit. I'd have been relieved if he was a Jehovah's Witness.

entrepr

Expert Member
Show me a Wechat user in SA and I'll show you an employee of Huawei, ZTE or the Wechat team in Naspers :whistling:

Dudlu

Expert Member
Show me a Wechat user in SA and I'll show you an employee of Huawei, ZTE or the Wechat team in Naspers :whistling:

Haha. I think most South Africans used WeChat for like a week after those Messi ads and then just uninstalled it. I did the same.