Western Cape mayors reject e-tolls

falcon786

Executive Member
I think if they implement it here in Gauteng, I'll have to move to Cape town.I really cant justify supporting this corrupt system and i simply will not pay if they push it through.

warchylde

Expert Member
I think if they implement it here in Gauteng, I'll have to move to Cape town.I really cant justify supporting this corrupt system and i simply will not pay if they push it through.
They won't be able to stop it here. Just like were unable to stop it up there. What the corrupt want the corrupt gets in RSA. Sad fact.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
They won't be able to stop it here. Just like were unable to stop it up there. What the corrupt want the corrupt gets in RSA. Sad fact.
I wonder if the province would be able to build bypass roads and such so no one has to use the tollroads?

Mouse

Expert Member
I wonder if the province would be able to build bypass roads and such so no one has to use the tollroads?
They would need to build another set of tolls and/or add another levy on the fuel to pay for the cost of building bypass roads.

TMoose

Expert Member
They were unable to stop it up here? That's news to me. Last I checked appeal is scheduled for later this year, bills are still being approved, and the 2014 election is on its way. Watch them scrap this disaster.

Bern

Expert Member
They would need to build another set of tolls and/or add another levy on the fuel to pay for the cost of building bypass roads.
I would use the alternative toll road even if it took me an extra 30 minutes just to stick it to SANRAL for being such idiots.

warchylde

Expert Member
We already have for the most part from the Worcester tunnel towards CPT. Not too sure about further down but I think it should be in place already for the most part.

warchylde

Expert Member
They were unable to stop it up here? That's news to me. Last I checked appeal is scheduled for later this year, bills are still being approved, and the 2014 election is on its way. Watch them scrap this disaster.
I repeat what the corrupt wants the corrupt gets. The party pushing for this will make sure it happens...... OUTA won't be able to keep up financially fighting the state.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
When the mayors join hands like this they will use their political influence in the community to make tolling a disaster. Those that must uphold/enforce the law are also part of the community and also feels the pinch and hates tolling as much as the next guy ... and in the WC the enforcement agencies are paid/employed by those Mayors who now stand together. Good luck SANRAL if you think any traffic cop here is going to respond to toll evaders in the WC. The senior officers will always be aligned with the ruling party, in this case the DA. SANRAL can go ahead and build the infrastructure and be the laughing stock down here.

krycor

Honorary Master
They wasting their time here.. the DA will stick it to SANRAL in the WC but watch.. they will use it as a show of strength of what happens when you have more effective local gov. The elections are not too far away an it suits the DA if the eTolls go ahead in Gauteng due to the uproar it will cause especially if they can block the Western Cape implementation. Lastly if they do manage to win the Gauteng Province when the provincial elections come.. guess what, the DA technically only have to (or show progress to) remove the eTolls at the end of their 5 yr stint to ensure yet another win so really the ANC has shot themselves in the foot by openly supporting an unpopular system.

I've yet to speak to someone who doesn't feel the impact of the eToll

Last edited: