What are the best Cloud Servers?

f22raptor

What are the best cloud servers for an accounting firm with five employees?

Toastmaster

Do you mean an accounting solution in the cloud or cloud servers to host something on for some accountants?

JohnStarr

Expert Member
cloud servers to host something on for some accountants
What's the best luxury car out there?

It's like asking how long a piece of string is. I did give my views on your previous thread.

What do you want to host? What's your budget? Do you have internal IT support or are you looking for that? Do you have a specific application you use onsite or not?
And then all the information I provided on that previous thread...

f22raptor

What's the best luxury car out there?

It's like asking how long a piece of string is. I did give my views on your previous thread.

What do you want to host? What's your budget? Do you have internal IT support or are you looking for that? Do you have a specific application you use onsite or not?
And then all the information I provided on that previous thread...

• We need to host lots of PDFs and Excel files.
  • We do not have IT support.
  • We use Sage payroll
  • The budget must be lowest possible minimum

JohnStarr

Expert Member
  • We use Sage payroll
OK, Sage have a cloud version. Best to contact them. If you currently have data on site, then they should be able to migrate that for you too. Otherwise, depending on which city you're in, there will also be Sage-certified companies who can do this for you.
Microsoft 365 (Office 365) can take care of your data for you too. You upload the data to Teams (assuming you enable that) and you can create Teams channels and share the information there. Doesn't take much to do this, but again contact a reputable Microsoft-certified company and they can assist you with this.
Once it's up and running, you have access to your M365 tenant and can do what you need too.

lumpyza

• We use Sage payroll
* Hosting PDFs and Excel files, if you currently paying for O365 then look at leveraging your current license to use Sharepoint intranet, you get "free" data per user in your subscription. So in combination with Sharepoint, OneDrive, and Teams, you can store and collaborate between users at no additional cost.

* Using Sage payroll, is this a standalone installation on a machine as a server, or are you utilizing the SaaS (Software as a Service) option whereby Sage provides you with the platform? If it's a standalone server you will require a Virtual Machine, thus host it in the cloud Azure, AWS, or any other IaaS (infrastructure as a Service) provider.

IF you want more info on some options, drop me a PM, and we can discuss options.

wizzypow

What are the best cloud servers for an accounting firm with five employees?
try chatting to IronTree perhaps? They have a VPS/Cloud server option that is geared towards hosting accounting platforms I believe.
Whatever you do, avoid a cheap VPS service that exposes your server directly to the public web... Use a VPN service to access and think about security first, then convenience (although you can have both, security is more important ;) )