Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Animal Welfare

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Taxes (i.e. subsidies for the 90%)

Votes: 15 31.3%

• Total voters

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Except that’s not what he meant. He was implying that he’s at the 45% income tax rate.
If someone ever goes through that much effort to destroy their own financial system, then the developers would fork a solution.

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
Except that’s not what he meant. He was implying that he’s at the 45% income tax rate.

Yes and if you add in all the additional stuff that you have to pay for over and above PAYE, you get to well over 50% so he/she is being conservative in their estimation

abzob

Honorary Master
Yes and if you add in all the additional stuff that you have to pay for over and above PAYE, you get to well over 50% so he/she is being conservative in their estimation

That’s not the point. The point is that he’s BSing.

s0lar

Bonus time I donate to the EFF. That is the Electronic Freedom Foundation. Because I believe in the cause.

profa

Honorary Master
Again. I wont complain. Ill be a lot happier if I am ever in that tax bracket.
This is what all ignorant people think. I say this with respect and not to put you down. But when you earn that amount of money and have to fork out that much for taxes you know gets pissed away, I promise you, grateful isn't a word I think you would use. Some/Most/Not all people who earn that actually EARN it. So its a bitter pill to think that government punishes you for your success, and you know you are paying for SAA bail out or business class trips for MPs.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Those things don't go away because you earn more.
Ive earned more than I do now (got all my money invested in a new company). I do know what its like to earn more, and yeah, worrying if you going to eat every month does go away.

"Am I going to eat", gets replaced with "what am I going to eat" & "Will I have any roof over my head" gets replaced with "what type of roof will I have over my head".

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
This is what all ignorant people think. I say this with respect and not to put you down. But when you earn that amount of money and have to fork out that much for taxes you know gets pissed away, I promise you, grateful isn't a word I think you would use. Some/Most/Not all people who earn that actually EARN it. So its a bitter pill to think that government punishes you for your success, and you know you are paying for SAA bail out or business class trips for MPs.

Sepeng

Expert Member
Social Activist mostly I'd say; involved in the running and admin of a place where I grew up, sports arena and then market on the roof on Sundays.
Me and wifey also support a scholarship at her old school; cool thing here is, it's not huge amounts you have to spend but seems to make a big difference to one student a year. And you get to put your name on something, which is totally worth the price of admission.