What Google thinks it knows about you

bchip

Expert Member

• By clicking a link from Google's account settings page, users can find out what the tech giant thinks it knows about them based on search history and browsing data from Google-owned sites like YouTube.
  • Google guesses users' age, gender, marital status, income bracket, and personal interests.
  • Using the tool shows that many of Google's predictions can be off-base, but the majority of them are scarily accurate.
  • It's also possible to stop Google from tracking your information or predicting your profile going forward.

bchip

Expert Member
Mine is actually far off...
It mentions I like American Football, Action moves, TV Reality shows and I'm a parent of a toddler...

You buy 1 nappy cake for a baby shower and your forever on this list. :unsure:

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
It got my age right. But then you add that when you sign up.

It got that I like NFL (this is my work pc and I only ever watch NFL on my media box at home on a different Google account). Go Seahawks 2019/2020 NFC champions and Super Bowl LIV winners!

Everything else wrong!

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I'm a bit of a Polymath, according to google I have over 100 interests over a wide range of topics. It's going to take some time to go through them

Spliffcat

Executive Member
How the heck googs tries to keep track of me. I have no idea. As most of the time I don't know who I am and where in the universe I'm bumbling along.

Daruk

Honorary Master
So how does Google's personalisation relate to your online fingerprint - they still track that, as does FB?

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
58 vaguely right vs 61 completely wrong. Some cray stuff in there too. I thinks I am into all forms of gaming, extreme sports and crap music, like jazz.