What is Vodacom up to?

MikeSA

I have just received an SMS from Vodacom. It reads as follows:

“Hi Kindly note a charge of R29 will be deducted from your airtime balance to keep your Vodamail Service active”.

But I did not agree to pay such a charge to Vodacom and to effect any deduction against my airtime on its own accord would no doubt be tantamount to theft. Surely Vodacom could be faced with serious consequences if it is so ill-advised to do so.

I have endlessly tried to contact someone at Vodacom Customer Care to complain but each time I am merely just connected to a dumb Virtual Agent calleed Tobi. It's a complete waste of time trying to get a sensible answer from this Tobi.

In the circumstances, I will not be rechariging my phone at all in order that there is no balance whatsoever left and Vodacom cannot then poune on my airtime. If Vodacom de-activates my Vodamail account, I will simply switch over to Outlook, Hotmail or Gmail.

ld13

Honorary Master
Are you on the 5GB package? Only the 3GB one is free, as per https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/vodamail-terms-and-conditions , also, they did push out notifications afaik:

MikeSA

Are you on the 5GB package? Only the 3GB one is free, as per https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/vodamail-terms-and-conditions , also, they did push out notifications afaik:

Thanks for your prompt response. No, I am not any 5GB package. I am merely on preapid and recharge with vouchers and then convert to data.

MountainTech

Just got the same message now
I'm also just on prepaid never use the email most definitely did not sign up for a 5gb package
Why would I Google offers 15for free

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
Same here prepaid with the same SMS. Every time these Vodascum wants a screenshot as proof of the SMS of a 2 I send to them and then they say they did not receive it.

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
I have just received an SMS from Vodacom. It reads as follows:

“Hi Kindly note a charge of R29 will be deducted from your airtime balance to keep your Vodamail Service active”.

But I did not agree to pay such a charge to Vodacom and to effect any deduction against my airtime on its own accord would no doubt be tantamount to theft. Surely Vodacom could be faced with serious consequences if it is so ill-advised to do so.

I have endlessly tried to contact someone at Vodacom Customer Care to complain but each time I am merely just connected to a dumb Virtual Agent calleed Tobi. It's a complete waste of time trying to get a sensible answer from this Tobi.

In the circumstances, I will not be rechariging my phone at all in order that there is no balance whatsoever left and Vodacom cannot then poune on my airtime. If Vodacom de-activates my Vodamail account, I will simply switch over to Outlook, Hotmail or Gmail.
Well I have just lost R29 from these Vodascum people after sending numerous 2 to the 31118 which they did not receive they say.

MountainTech

Hi Guys so I also lost R29
Now I know I never singed up for this crap, I remember getting a notification months ago giving you the option to upgrade, I selected the free option

What else can we do about this ?

MountainTech

seems like every line of support is a dead end so far, best off all the dam web login for vodamail does not even work!
So we paying for a service that we did not want and that does not work ?

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Vodascum has been doing this for years, auto adding VAS for you. I will say this again, never do business with MTN or Vodascum! Not contract, not anything. Telkom mobile is much more less horrible.

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
Hi Guys so I also lost R29
Now I know I never singed up for this crap, I remember getting a notification months ago giving you the option to upgrade, I selected the free option

What else can we do about this ?
The only way I got my R29 back is via social media and then I logged it with ICASA and within 24 HR i received an answer.