What is your biggest frustration with your ISP?

What is your biggest frustration with your ISP?

  • Downtime

    Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Support issues

    Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Billing issues

    Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Hidden costs

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Line speed drops

    Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Contract lock-ins

    Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Router issues

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Bad communication

    Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Other

    Votes: 13 21.3%

  • Total voters
    61

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Joined
Oct 16, 2018
Messages
5,033
Reaction score
1,585
What is your biggest frustration with your ISP?
 
Blaming the fiber provider when the problem is on their side and making me do pointless ping and WinMTR tests when anyone can see the thing is stuffed
 
Support

If I log a ticket, don't close the ticket with "An engineer has been assigned".

Just as bad as "Issue is with Telkom" then 3 months later "He he he sorry guys, it was actually MTN"
 
:) Nothing
AXXESS

Don't even think about my ISP. **** just works...well
 
Downtime (or speed then trickles)

"Uncapped" LTE 20/20 from MTN that gets throttled every few days. No excessive use abuse going on our side, but any streaming / downloading seems to also trigger it at times.
2nd router reboot usually fixes it

Excuse from service centre seems to be that "we must share the bandwidth if busy, that's how it works" :rolleyes::mad:
 
Actually, I haven't had any issues with my ISP; all issues are related to the FNO. I understand my ISP's challenges with the FNO.

Sometimes there are hiccups that are ISP-related, but they are doing their best at managing their resources.

Thank you, Cool-Ideas.
 
I don't really have many problems with Afrihost and Octotel. They are extremely reliable. So what I am saying is absolutely a marginal issue. But really, it is frustrating dealing with tech support who tell me to restart my computer.

1761214432063.png
 
The day the AH reps disappear from this forum I'll have an issue. For now I'm happy.

They've put a few of us on ignore, just 'cos we dared to get upset with the company. Still need to phone management and sort that krap out.

Someone should maybe quote me and tag @Afrigirl so she can see this reaction...
 
I know that Mweb gets bashed by almost everyone, but honestly I have zero complaints about them for the last 4 years.
 
@Afrigirl

Also
@AfriGuy
@AfriNatic

Careful hey, I've seen brian_g nearly get someone senior at multichoice fired. Don't be snowflake with things we pay for thanks.

They've put a few of us on ignore, just 'cos we dared to get upset with the company. Still need to phone management and sort that krap out.

Someone should maybe quote me and tag @Afrigirl so she can see this reaction...
 
None whatsoever. Have never needed to call or message my ISP. My schit just works.


Seeing the threads and posts here makes me feel pretty special.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X