What is your monthly usage and ISP?

VettieOriginal

Morning all.

So i will like to get an update on how much data your house consumes and one what ISP you are on?

I think this can give a lot of insight to Newbies like my self and I could not find a new thread like this.

I have a 4mb Wireless connection for now and use +-"700GB a month.

Fibre should be live soon.

I took a 200mb line as it's about the same price I pay now for my wireless lol.

Last edited:

VettieOriginal

I might jus add we have no Dstv so every thing the house watches is online. Netflix I can stream 2 TV at the same time but then nothing else lol

VettieOriginal

Wed dont have DSTV either, nor Netflix. Max 250GBb a month.
Netflix nogals uses a lot. I used the Opera "VPN" and if we watch a movie or series it uses up to 2GB for the episodes. The You tube also uses a lot do. The kids will normally watch on the tablets and we will wat the torrents of the previous night in the lounge and so on. It all depends some months we use about 500GB but on average more that that. I think once the Fibre is installed we will use less as we will stream everything instead of torrents at night as we don't have to worry how many people are on at the same time.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
300GB on average
Vox 400GB Fatpipe account
12Mb ADSL

Mostly just streaming and daily game updates via Steam

VettieOriginal

300GB on average
Vox 400GB Fatpipe account
12Mb ADSL

Mostly just streaming and daily game updates via Steam
Steam updates are not so bad Ps4 games are massive updates I have noticed and it is with every game a massive update.

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
Average is over 400gb. ISP is a small local WISP (Protocol ISP). Using 10mb / 10mb uncapped @R900p/m. Theres no Fiber in my hood yet...

There are 5 of us that use the connection within my house . Two TV's setup to stream via Android boxes. Tend to stay off any 1080p streams, I like to use 720p H265 streams (Kodi).I Recommend using TRAKT to keep record of your viewing & a RealDebrid subscription for quality streams. Also use Netflix & my dads DSTV Now account. And a lot of Youtube. I have all my kids PC's & Cellphones limited to 1mb each, otherwise FaceBrick kills the bandwidth for streaming.

For VPN, I use Keep Solid VPN Unlimited.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
I have Telkom LTE 40gig day 20night. Usually finish it all juust before month end.
would like more data though!!

My mother has 200gig Adsl via Mweb. she uses about 60gigs. showmax,youtube etc.
When i was there back in the days we used to average 120gigs.. gaming, torrents etc

DYreX146

I'm on Cool Ideas and I can't give 100% accurate statistics as they don't provide data usage figures on their portal but on an average month we probably use around 1TB and over 1.5TB on a busy month.

There's just 2 of us using 40Mbps Openserve fibre line and we mainly use it for Netflix, YouTube, Twitch streaming etc. but I mostly use it for gaming and most of the data goes towards downloading games and updates.

I land up using more now that I have fibre and just download games to try them out or watch 4k or even 8k YouTube, and right now I'm downloading Destiny 2 and that is 80GB on its own.

But I guess I try to make the most out of it, otherwise I feel like I'm wasting money on having an unlimited internet connection.

Last edited:

3WA

Honorary Master
I just looked and I've averaged 80GB per month in 2019. Hmm, I'll probably save money if I move to LTE.