What is your preferred computer operating system?

What is your preferred computer operating system?

  • Windows

    Votes: 88 58.7%
  • macOS

    Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Linux

    Votes: 31 20.7%
  • ChromeOS

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other

    Votes: 4 2.7%

  • Total voters
    150
For work and games: Windows
For hobby: Linux, Menuet OS (Written entirely in assembly and TINY), AmigaOS
 
Running Ubuntu 26 on my home PC. I do boot into Windows every now and then to play Wow for an hour or 2, but even that we can do in Linux apparently. I just need to spend some time to get drive space freed up to that I can install it there.
 
I do like MacOS and still have it running on an old MacBook Pro of mine, use Windows on my personal and work laptops, Linux only for Solar Assistant, HA runs on HAOS which is run in a virtual server via Proxmox which runs on Linux on an old HP Elitedesk.
 
Been macOS for the last few years but from time-to-time the Office 365 implementation in a predominantly Windows corporate has its challenges...
 
Last edited:
As long as it is not Windows.

MmacOS works fine.

Fixed, fok… sorry….
 
Last edited:
If you asked me five years ago I am sure my answer would have been Windows, both for work and home.

But Windows has been getting progressively shittier with each update, and even my employer has been switching over to Macbooks for the majority of the staff. When I have to use Windows, it irritates me.

So, macOS at work (M4 Air) and at home (M1 Pro, although I dual boot Asahi), plus I converted to Bazzite on my home PC a while ago (ex Windows 11). I have some other stuff in my homelab running all sorts of Linux flavours, be it in physical baremetal form or VM's.

I'm at the point now where using a Windows PC feels alien to me.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X