What's for supper - Second Course

cerebus

Honorary Master
Now I wish I'd thought of doing some proper food before I got this hot dog craving. It happens about once a year though and I just have to indulge once and then remember why hot dogs shouldn't be classified as food.

Randhir

Honorary Master
Now I wish I'd thought of doing some proper food before I got this hot dog craving. It happens about once a year though and I just have to indulge once and then remember why hot dogs shouldn't be classified as food.
I took a day off my diet recently and the only things I really really craved were a mutton bunny, beer and hotdogs.

cerebus

Honorary Master
I took a day off my diet recently and the only things I really really craved were a mutton bunny, beer and hotdogs.
You mean the sous vide and smoked chicken wing diet? Slumming it every once in a while is good for the soul :D

Randhir

Honorary Master
You mean the sous vide and smoked chicken wing diet? Slumming it every once in a while is good for the soul :D
Haha, I keep the carbs really low in the rubs.. Sous vide is mostly meat so it's 100%.

I hear you.. I want all the rubbish I used to eat daily.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Haha, I keep the carbs really low in the rubs.. Sous vide is mostly meat so it's 100%.

I hear you.. I want all the rubbish I used to eat daily.
I can live without bread and pasta and on a stretch I think potatoes. I would really struggle to go without rice or to use flour in my cooking though. Those are absolute staples to me.

Randhir

Honorary Master
I can live without bread and pasta and on a stretch I think potatoes. I would really struggle to go without rice or to use flour in my cooking though. Those are absolute staples to me.
I can do without the rice. Bread used to be my staple...

Randhir

Honorary Master
i went to this flea market on sunday and the guy had a sirloan ..also charred on the putside and pink in the middle

is the blackness from smoking ?
You talking about the steak? I used my blowtorch to create a crust after doing the rib-eye sous vide. The blackness on the ribs is called a 'bark', created by using a rub and then smoking.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Turkey, roast potatoes, green beans, corn, candied yams, and gravy.

Apple pie coming up.

cerebus

Honorary Master
i went to this flea market on sunday and the guy had a sirloan ..also charred on the putside and pink in the middle

is the blackness from smoking ?
It's relatively easy to get a charred outside and pink inside if you quickly sear on a very high heat but you dry the outside and leave the inside somewhat raw. A sous vide is a whole other method - you vacuum seal the meat and cook in a warm temperature controlled bath for hours so the inside can remain pink even though it's perfectly cooked, then take it out and char the exterior.

image.jpg

The dogs.