What's up with Webfrica???

alphabyte

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
520
Reaction score
130
Location
Pretoria
:mad:I've been patiently waiting for WebAfrica's announcement on their new rates for hosting Resellers - and now it has arrived: my current monthly account of R400 (fixed amount) will now INCREASE to over R1200 per month - that's an inrease of MORE THAN THREE TIMES!!!! This is not merely my assumption - they have actually confirmed the amount when I queried it with them. Au revoir WebAfrica, Bon jour Someone Else (recommendations welcome). Even Hetzner's tarriffs look good compared to this... but I'll be seriously looking at AfriHost as well.
 
Yeah webafrica needs to catch a wake up.
I will be moving soon to a new ISP
I was very disappointed with webafrica’s new prices when they moved to their own network.
I am talking about the ASDL Price.
 
I had a reseller package with WA and had many problems. I figured it was easier for me to just get my own server which I have now had for a year and have had only 1 outage. Plus I have total control over the box and can do what I want with it. It is more responisve, my resources are huge. I think with currency conversion it is equal or nearly the same. If you have the know how, get your own box/VPS.
 
Yep, for R1400 you can get a nice-ish dedicated box for yourself @ Hetzner if you need local hosting or international (for a nicer server)

If anyone need help from an (expert) at moving your domains/clients over to the new hosting, PM me, I have very reasonable rates
 
Yep, for R1400 you can get a nice-ish dedicated box for yourself @ Hetzner if you need local hosting or international (for a nicer server)

If anyone need help from an (expert) at moving your domains/clients over to the new hosting, PM me, I have very reasonable rates

ditto what AcidRaZor said. Moving domains is not all that complicated and with a few minutes of planning you can avoid downtime.

@ James said, if you have the budget to warrant a dedicated server then this is by far the best bet, but if you dont then there are plenty of providers who offer affordable reseller hosting, business hosting and managed dedi's

:)
 
Yea, even if you spend extra, and go all out on a nice Truserv RAID'ed racked Dell with Hetzner, you can push more sites/clients on it and have full control over it, srsly, my servers in the last 8 years never experienced any downtime except for this one DNS Server issue I had which was resolved within a few minutes (if the service crashed for any reason it didn't restart, it just stopped indefinitely, I just made it restart each time it crashed IF it crashes)

But ye... Go to WA's forums, then check out the notifications on the number and amount of downtime they experienced over their email/hosting services. Then compare it with how much less of a headache you would have had with your own dedicated server. It would definitely be worth R3500 wouldn't you think? And then you have a proper ****ing machine dedicated to you and you alone
 
I had a reseller package with WA and had many problems. I figured it was easier for me to just get my own server which I have now had for a year and have had only 1 outage. Plus I have total control over the box and can do what I want with it. It is more responisve, my resources are huge. I think with currency conversion it is equal or nearly the same. If you have the know how, get your own box/VPS.

How? Backbone? PM!
 
WebAfrica has been on a downward slope for a while now. They're certainly not a choice hosting provider to have in any regard. Their Billing system is completely stupid and their new costing just confirms that they have a very narrow minded vision. If they do not take this seriously and fix both their billing system and their reseller hosting they are definitely going to loose a large portion of their customers.
 
Last edited:
fair warning - someone pointed out on the WA forum - that new WA reseller sign-ups must careful, the WA site still quotes the old reselller model's prices and structure - the new model is nowhere near that and is, depending on your usage, anything from a R1000 to R3000 more expensive per month.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X