WhatsApp dark mode has arrived

skusku

I'm on android 10 and my dark setting has been enabled since I got my phone. But my whatsapp is still in LIGHT mode. I have Huawei P30. Any solution? My whatsapp is on the latest version.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
I'm on android 10 and my dark setting has been enabled since I got my phone. But my whatsapp is still in LIGHT mode. I have Huawei P30. Any solution? My whatsapp is on the latest version.

When last did your whatapp update? If not today then it's not on the latest. Mine says last updated on the 18th Of Feb 2020, but that's not the latest....

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Mine is also 18 February.
Then you are also not on the latest, will have to wait till in becomes available in the play store to update.

(Some sites says the update will be rolled out over the next couple of days, so guess we wait)

Last edited:

Ares1000101

Force dark mode in developer settings.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
I've been using dark mode for months. Redmi Note 5 Plus

Pythonista

Computer terminals from the 1980's were using Dark Mode .. nothing new here .. :)

Last edited:

RobotWizard

Using less power – Dark mode uses less power and works better in low-light settings – meaning you can use it easily while the lights are off.

Your phone will only use less power in Dark mode if it's a newer technology display, like OLED.

Sads-1-zn

Shouldn't dark mode have been developed at the very beginning of android? Why is it only a thing recently?

Ares1000101

This version has it.
My fix (a few post up) also works, but is not the same and obviously changes other apps too.