whatsapp online status Mac and iPhone

Good morning!
History repeats itself... on BBM I had always those annoying "friends" who were on my case that I read their text but did not reply. I might have been - well, somewhere, or stopped only short enough to read or..

Now, the next level is your online status on whatsapp. I like to hide it. Because the same caliber of friends complain now that they see me online but I dare not to read or answer their text.

I am very capable of searching the web, but there is NO setting on the exisinng wapp (except responding from the notification board) to hide the online status. Not: "last seen", "online".

Who knows of a whatsapp upgrade app which does allow me to hide my online status? Peferably a desktop and phone version.

I cannot be the only one looking for this... :)

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Read Receipts.

Just turn them off, it's that simple.

Settings > Account > Privacy > Read Receipts.

namzsteve

Expert Member
Read Receipts is the furthest you can go, or just let your friends take it like a man and suck it up.

who.dat

Expert Member
Don't hide. Just respond when you can and not a moment sooner. People need to be habituated that we are not available to everyone 24/7 even if we seem to be. This is what causes stress.

If they give you grief tell them straight that you have other things to do. If you are on WhatsApp it may be to speak to someone else and you will speak to them when you have more time. Full stop.

Thanks guys, you confirmed that there is no option on the exixting "generic" whatsapp.
But there are plenty of whatsapp upgrades, or versions on the app store, but none of them highlights the "online/offline" option. Seems I have to install and try them all. One at a time... Kids would love it, cos mommy is checking up on them in the nights ;-) If they block mommy, the mommy will ask one of the others parents to have a peek.

Last edited: