When does RAIN double data end

Musiclover08

Double data ends November 2018, no plans to renew it according to Webafrica so might be a better bet to get the SIM and 250 unlimited.

dillydog

I hear that Rain are going to give you double data during the off peak times to all subscribers from the 1st of December

Jake45

Expert Member
Does this mean that instead of getting 25GB+25GB we will now only get 25GB for R299 with half the normal consumption during off peak times? The peak usage could really eat up the 25GB and leave very little for off peak times. If they included some uncapped data between 12AM and 7AM that might keep me interested.

Inky1980

Does this mean that instead of getting 25GB+25GB we will now only get 25GB for R299 with half the normal consumption during off peak times? The peak usage could really eat up the 25GB and leave very little for off peak times. If they included some uncapped data between 12AM and 7AM that might keep me interested.
Yup. I'm on Webafrica's 85GB+85GB for R799 and I phoned them to ask that exact question and they confirmed. I had to find this out via a MyBB forum post, no email, no communication form them at all.
So I'll be paying R799 for 85GB with the only other option to move to Cell C LTE, which is apparently pretty poor.

charlh

I dug around in my old emails...

What is the Double Data deal?

Earlier this year Rain (the innovative company that provides this fixed wireless service) launched their incredible value Double Data deal - Anybody who signs up for their service before 30 November 2017 will get double the GBs every month, to use anytime of the day or night, until the end of November 2018 (i.e. next year).

newby_investor

Yup. I'm on Webafrica's 85GB+85GB for R799 and I phoned them to ask that exact question and they confirmed. I had to find this out via a MyBB forum post, no email, no communication form them at all.
So I'll be paying R799 for 85GB with the only other option to move to Cell C LTE, which is apparently pretty poor.
I'd like to know more about this.

I'm on the 25+25 one from Afrihost and since my wife works from home most of our internet use gets done during the day. So if they keep the "double data" thing going during off peak times I guess I should be fine?

Inky1980

I dug around in my old emails...

What is the Double Data deal?

Earlier this year Rain (the innovative company that provides this fixed wireless service) launched their incredible value Double Data deal - Anybody who signs up for their service before 30 November 2017 will get double the GBs every month, to use anytime of the day or night, until the end of November 2018 (i.e. next year).
I mean a reminder email, which could also have served as an opportunity to offer something better like "Hey, your double data deal going to expire soon, these are your options". It's just poor customer service once again.

Inky1980

I'd like to know more about this.

I'm on the 25+25 one from Afrihost and since my wife works from home most of our internet use gets done during the day. So if they keep the "double data" thing going during off peak times I guess I should be fine?
I use most of my data in the evening so it will work for me (when RAIN actually gives me stable internet...) but in your case you may not get the value out of it since you need that 50GB total data during the day. Basically you'll have to make sure you keep usage under 25GB per month during peak hours instead of having a total of 50GB available 24/7, which makes it a pain in the a$$.

newby_investor

Yeah. Well, I'll see what happens come 1 Dec. If it turns out to be unsuitable, then Rain will have lost a customer and I'll switch over to fibre. Which is a pity, because I generally use only ~45G/m, so it seems a bit of a waste to spend twice the amount of money on uncapped fibre (Octotel coverage in my area). The Rain deal was pretty good while it lasted.