When e-filing, make sure you haven't made any mistakes

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
When e-filing, make sure you haven't made any mistakes

E-filing has taken the tedious task of submitting one's tax returns and made it a lot simpler and more user-friendly.

The digitisation of the tax return system has generally been seen as a positive move by South Africans, but it has also opened up the possibility of additional issues.

brianro

Barely a month goes by that I don't have eFiling problems!!! There is little or no useful help forthcoming = SARS generally doesn't respond to requests for help / emails!!! Their IT systems are a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!

Swa

Honorary Master
The whole execution is broken from the ground up.

ProAsm

Expert Member
E-filing has taken the tedious task of submitting one's tax returns and made it a lot simpler and more user-friendly.
The new eFiling is a friggin nightmare.
It insists on Chrome v47 or something and will not properly accept v75
When I click on 'save' or 'calculate' my screen completely vanishes and does not come back so I have to start again.
Tried 3 times and gave up.

Antono

eFiling used to be a breeze. Previously it would take me less than 5 minutes to complete and submit, the assessment following within hours and payment within days. From start to finish I never waited more than a week for completion. Now it is a mess. The site is not very intuitive and difficult to navigate. There are errors everywhere and getting help is a nightmare. While the intention of the new site is good the execution is horrible. Testing boys, testing. My scenario is as simple as it gets and should be test case 0001 yet it failed miserably.

DreamKing

Executive Member
SARS highlighted that when it opened the latest filing season on 1 July 2019, the intention was to make the process easier for taxpayers.
incompetent ........ good intention is not a good excuse. ;)