When iPhone users on Vodacom can use their eSIM

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
When iPhone users on Vodacom can use their eSIM

Vodacom customers with iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, and iPhone Xr devices can now look forward to using their smartphone’s eSIM functionality on the mobile network.

The mobile network told MyBroadband that it aimed to launch eSIM support for these three smartphones early next year, pointing out that some devices were already supported.

gtway

First half of 2020 can mean all the way up to the end of June next year. Wonder how much Samsung paid Vodacom for that exclusivity window...

paulogier

Ask Vodacom to enable dual SIM and they will laugh at you. You cannot use a rain SIM in the second slot of a Huawei phone, they definitely won't allow it on esim.

mathenges

I use prepaid plan and will migrate to vodacom or any other network that first enables esim on iphone. There is one detail about esim however that I don't see in the net: If I use esim connection when it's supported by vodacom, will it roam in a network that hasn't enabled esim, for example I travel to Zambia where no network supports esim, will the vodacom esim roam there?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
You're probably going to have to wait until they are allocated more spectrum... isn't that their default excuse these days?