When They See Us

USZA

Executive Member
Has anybody watched this? It's a really hard watch. I'm only on the first episode, reviews look great

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7137906/?ref_=tt_urv

I had to force myself to sit through this because the **** starts in episode 1 already and carries right through to episode 4. Personally, I don't think that there was anything redeeming about this story, beyond telling it from their own perspective.

Linda Fairstein is still roaming free and the prosecutor, a Ms Lederer I think, is head of an ethics dept of the law faculty of some university. Not one person who was involved, has apologized or atoned for their deeds - in fact, the detectives involved are sticking to their story to this day.

This whole thing just left me sad and angry. Even more so because it's still happening today.

powermzii

Expert Member
Wife has refused to watch it so might have to it alone.. But yeah not a happy watch at all

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I had to force myself to sit through this because the **** starts in episode 1 already and carries right through to episode 4. Personally, I don't think that there was anything redeeming about this story, beyond telling it from their own perspective.

Linda Fairstein is still roaming free and the prosecutor, a Ms Lederer I think, is head of an ethics dept of the law faculty of some university. Not one person who was involved, has apologized or atoned for their deeds - in fact, the detectives involved are sticking to their story to this day.

This whole thing just left me sad and angry. Even more so because it's still happening today.

And one of the people that waged a campaign to try and get them executed even after they were exonerated is now President of the US. Hell of a world.