Which bluetooth mouse for Mac?

Can anyone help please ... I use a Logitech B137 wireless ‘mini’ mouse with the USB receiver permanently plugged in my 2015 MacBook Air (running Mojave).

Now looking at laptop upgrade for retina screen & better graphics card. Thinking either the new MB Air or 2017 MB pro, but ports are all USB-C now so will probably buy a bluetooth mouse to avoid carting an adapter. I think the B137 ( which I love) was ~ R 300, don't need anything more fancy - not a gamer.

Appreciate MB user's bluetooth ’mini mouse’ recommendations, & if poss. any notable user difference between BT and RF wireless mice? Hoping to find a simple plug n play swap which I’ll hardly notice. Thanks.

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
LOL

My days of that kak is over, i run a Gigabyte keyboard & mouse, cost R200 and it is wired.
i invested in a 4 port USB3 breakout box and never have to worry about flat batteries.

PS i do miss the 2 finger scroll function on my old mac mouse, nice.

jezzad

Agreed the Magic Mouse is expensive and there are cheaper options. After using one for the last couple of years they just work and I think are worth the extra cost.

Let me know where your located might have a spare series one lying around you can have.

travcaine

I use the Apple Magic Mouse. The battery life is amazing, I only charge it once every 2 months. It supports Mac gestures as well. So if you have some eBucks or miles maybe spend it on TakeaLot and get one of these.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
I still can't believe some people like the Apple Magic Mouse, its the worst mouse I've used in my life.

Its so low to the desk that you can't grip it properly.

If the Apple police catch you using anything but Apple they will come to your house and load Windows on your Mac
LOL. They'll never get past my lowly pleb mouse army.

might have a spare series one lying around you can have.
Thanks for this. Did in depth look at Magic Mouse, but combination TP gestures with simple mouse just works for me.
newer Macs have amazing trackpads.
Agreed. I disabled trackpads for years until I switched to Apple.

IF you have a BT device in your machine just use a BT mouse -- there are many ( especially if you have a newer Apple with BT 4 )

I am using an M$ BT Mouse 5000 ( ancient -- but pairs and works great ) while wating for a Magic Mouse -- at an ancient price !

:)

IF you have a BT device in your machine just use a BT mouse -- there are many ( especially if you have a newer Apple with BT 4 )

I am using an M$ BT Mouse 5000 ( ancient -- but pairs and works great ) while wating for a Magic Mouse -- at an ancient price !
:)
Thanks, have BT4, will look at M$ options.
Saw MX ERGO on 'sale' at TAL in case you're interested, not sure of their sale price authenticity tho.
1558341533783.png

1558341533854.png

Logitech MX Ergo Mouse - Graphite

R 1,409 R 1,899 25% OFF
In Stock
CPT | JHB
https://www.takealot.com/computers/mice-10131

Saw MX ERGO on 'sale' at TAL in case you're interested,
Thanks for that link

Need a new spare tyre for my 4x4 -- at close to the same price

I always wonder about the "urban myth" that goes ... Some people have so much money they do not know how to spend it

Put ANY ammount of money in my pocket and when I come home it will ALL be spent .... :rolleyes:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Don't see why anyone would want to use anything other than the Apple Magic Mouse 2.

But as was said above already the Macbook has the best trackpad in the business so there isn't really a use for a mouse at all unless you are going to use it in desktop mode more often than being mobile...in which case you should buy an iMac 5K instead.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Don't see why anyone would want to use anything other than the Apple Magic Mouse 2.

But as was said above already the Macbook has the best trackpad in the business so there isn't really a use for a mouse at all unless you are going to use it in desktop mode more often than being mobile...in which case you should buy an iMac 5K instead.
I’ve got an Apple mouse in the drawer somewhere. I much prefer the trackpad on my Air, no need for a mouse.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Can anyone help please ... I use a Logitech B137 wireless ‘mini’ mouse with the USB receiver permanently plugged in my 2015 MacBook Air (running Mojave).

Now looking at laptop upgrade for retina screen & better graphics card. Thinking either the new MB Air or 2017 MB pro, but ports are all USB-C now so will probably buy a bluetooth mouse to avoid carting an adapter. I think the B137 ( which I love) was ~ R 300, don't need anything more fancy - not a gamer.

Appreciate MB user's bluetooth ’mini mouse’ recommendations, & if poss. any notable user difference between BT and RF wireless mice? Hoping to find a simple plug n play swap which I’ll hardly notice. Thanks.
Not really on topic, but I’m keen to know if you have had any reservations or second thoughts about buying the newer models you mention due to the keyboard issues?