Which fibre network and ISP in Bedfordview?

ForDLaz

Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
3
Am moving into a new house soon and want to try get ahead with a fibre installation. I've used Afrihost's fibre map and it seems my options are with Openserve and TT Connect. From what I've read TT Connect is the way to go. Which ISP do you guys recommend? It seems Cool Ideas has had good reviews but is falling out of favour now?
 
Last edited:
Family friends are just off Kloof and using Openserve with Cool Ideas since +- Nov last year
 
maps of fiber in Bedfordview are way way out of date,

SADV is supposed to have a presence, but nothing shows up on their maps,
Afrihost shows yes, but cant actually order it,

Telkom had a roadshow the other day, not sure if its been rolled out yet.
 
So looking at the fiber map on Afrihost as you say it says yes - but I’ve applied to Cool Ideas and they say there TT Connect hasn’t completed trenching etc yet so I don’t really know where I stand. I’ll try SADV - they currently provide the fiber in my apartment complex. I don’t think they’ve moved into the residential side yet though.
 
So a quick update:

I applied to Cool Ideas a month ago, choosing TT Connect as the fibre provider. I contacted Cool Ideas this past week to find out what was happening with the installation because I haven't heard anything yet from TT Connect - only to hear that TT Connect actually hasn't gone live in my street. If I had known this at the outset I would've applied for an Openserve connection instead. Maybe by now I would've been close to an installation. I had actually enquired with Cool Ideas whether TT Connect was indeed live and was told they would revert but I never got an answer. My bad for not following up earlier but I do regard this as a fail on Cool Ideas' side.

So now I have made a new application to Cool Ideas choosing Openserve as the fibre provider. I will keep you all updated with the progress.
 
So a quick update:

I applied to Cool Ideas a month ago, choosing TT Connect as the fibre provider. I contacted Cool Ideas this past week to find out what was happening with the installation because I haven't heard anything yet from TT Connect - only to hear that TT Connect actually hasn't gone live in my street. If I had known this at the outset I would've applied for an Openserve connection instead. Maybe by now I would've been close to an installation. I had actually enquired with Cool Ideas whether TT Connect was indeed live and was told they would revert but I never got an answer. My bad for not following up earlier but I do regard this as a fail on Cool Ideas' side.

So now I have made a new application to Cool Ideas choosing Openserve as the fibre provider. I will keep you all updated with the progress.
Can you PM me your account name so I can see what happened?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X