Which insects have the worst stings?

Yikes. It probably took a long time to heal too?
Yeah - it was not a pleasant experience - still have a noticeable scar as well.
I've heard honey is a good healer of insect bites.
Not sure about honey. It took massive doses of an antihistamine to get it under control.
 
Creeps me out bru :p

We have the smaller variety here; I would say the burn is worse than the bite, and these critters love to make toilet seats their home at night. Seeing that it might rain tonight the probability is higher that someone here may become acquainted tonight.
 
We have the smaller variety here; I would say the burn is worse than the bite, and these critters love to make toilet seats their home at night. Seeing that it might rain tonight the probability is higher that someone here may become acquainted tonight.
Lol. That's a great possibility. I bet no FB posts willl devulge that though. Haha. Eina.
 
The worst sting is from a Rapex anti-rape condom worn by women. Hundreds of spiked barbs stuck to your penis that you cannot remove because of the barbs...
How did you get it off in the end (or off the end)?
 
Which one?
My worst bite was from the s called "harmless" rain spider.

Not entirely sure. My leg looked like someone slapped a piece of salami on it and then ran over it with an iron. We were in the states at the time and I sent a photo to the pharmacist and she thought it was some tiny spider but I can’t recall which one.
 
Which one?
My worst bite was from the s called "harmless" rain spider.

When I am out in the garden I am always surprised at how many rain spiders I have hidden away. Those Perdeby (Spider Hunting Wasps) are quick to catch Rain Spiders.

I see this regularly, and they drag these spiders up smooth walls.

 
Not entirely sure. My leg looked like someone slapped a piece of salami on it and then ran over it with an iron. We were in the states at the time and I sent a photo to the pharmacist and she thought it was some tiny spider but I can’t recall which one.

A Sac spider can do that to a sickly person. They may not be lethal to healthy persons, but they can kill a diabetic. I don’t think we have ‘deadly’ spiders here. Our Baboon Spiders are big, but they are more size than bite. We don't have sand spiders in the urban areas and everyone is living with a violin and button spider or two, they don’t care enough about you to bite you.

The US should have a larger and deadlier variety.
 
A Sac spider can do that to a sickly person. They may not be lethal to healthy persons, but they can kill a diabetic. I don’t think we have ‘deadly’ spiders here. Our Baboon Spiders are big, but they are more size than bite. We don't have sand spiders in the urban areas and everyone is living with a violin and button spider or two, they don’t care enough about you to bite you.

The US should have a larger and deadlier variety.
Sac spider sounds right - I remember now thinking at the time I was glad it didn't bite me on my...

I'm hardly sickly though.
 
Sac spider sounds right - I remember now thinking at the time I was glad it didn't bite me on my...

I'm hardly sickly though.
Sickly isn't the appropriate word, but some people tend to take their bites better than others. I know that a diabetic must get immediate treatment.

Nausea, headache, etc, and you know that you have been bitten, get treated whilst you still can.
 

I was going to post this.

I've watched a few of Coyote's videos, where has been stung by various wasps and hornets, and the centipede is the only sting/bite for which he asked for help. Like it got that bad.
 
Snakes ..... dont like ..... those either, they talk with a lisp and have short legs :)
I'm in the same head space about snakes. For some damned reason the slitherons have been literally right in front of my physical vicinity for about 7 times in my life so far. Glad to believe in God, because with those odds I would have to be in the earth by now.
Edit: Snakes creep me out more than death. :p
 
I've been bitten by a centipede once.

I'd rather take a hot iron to the sack than risk being bitten by one of those sadistic creepy crawly scaly f*ckers ever again. And this is coming from someone who has had his fair share of wasp/spider/bluebottle encounters.

0/10, do not recommend.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X