Which smartwatch phone to choose - please help :)

ThreeThirds

After everybody helped so nicely to convince me that gearbest.com is worth using, I have now narrowed my smartwatch phone options to three choices:

http://www.gearbest.com/compare-363519_446744_365830-21_21_21

Requirements in a smartwatch:
  • SIM - I need it to work with a sim as I want to call for help if I run into trouble during a walk/jog
  • Space - Enough space to pre-download a decent playlist via Google Play Music, so expandable memory or 8GB storage should be best
  • OS - Android 5.1 works better as Android wear 2.0 with 3G is coming out later on very pricey smartwatches.
  • LOOKS - A round watch face just looks prettier!
  • Fitness Tracking - Not such a big priority as I'm looking to replace the cellphone (connectivity + music), not my Fitbit, with which I'm very happy.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

[UPDATE: 2017.01.23 @ 16:17]

Choice has been made! http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watch-phone/pp_365829.html
1482469161403498698.jpg

ZGPAX S99
Android 5.1 1.33 inch 3G Smartwatch Phone MTK6580 1.3GHz Quad Core 512MB RAM 8GB ROM Pedometer Bluetooth 4.0
Parameters:
Display: 1.33 inch screen
CPU: MTK6580 Quad Core 1.3GHz
GPU: Mali-400MP
System: Android 5.1
RAM+ROM: 512MB + 8GB
Bluetooth: V4.0
SIM type: Nano SIM
Functions: Find Phone, Pedometer, Heart rate measurement, Sedentary reminder, Water remainder, GPS, Gravity sensor, Remote control music (When connecting bluetooth between smartphone and S99, you can use this smartwatch as remote control to control music play in the phone. S99 itself dosen't have the function playing music.
Network:
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
WCDMA: 850/2100MHz

Last edited:

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
I really suggest you follow and watch the "Smartwatch ticks" channel on youtube. That guy reviews all of the watches on gearbest and banggood etc. You'll get a good idea on what's good and what not.
My pick of the three: I'll go for the No.1.
Personally, I bought myself a Amazfit Pace from Geekbuying. Just awaiting delivery.

ThreeThirds

I really suggest you follow and watch the "Smartwatch ticks" channel on youtube. That guy reviews all of the watches on gearbest and banggood etc. You'll get a good idea on what's good and what not.
My pick of the three: I'll go for the No.1.
Personally, I bought myself a Amazfit Pace from Geekbuying. Just awaiting delivery.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm having a look at Geekbuying, "Smartwatch ticks" is actually one of the channels I saw reviews on :)

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
None.
These things are gimmicks. Get yourself a decent Casio (time) or a Polar (die hard exercise freak).

/hides

ThreeThirds

None.
These things are gimmicks. Get yourself a decent Casio (time) or a Polar (die hard exercise freak).
/hides

I've been in the Fitbit ecosystem too long to switch over when it comes to fitness tracking. The main reason I want an Android smart watch is so I don't have to lug my phone around for connectivity and music :)

As for them being gimmicks - quite a few youtube reviews indicate they might be perfect for what I need :)

Last edited: