• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Who here owns a Huawei P20 Pro?

Syphonx

Expert Member
Q3: My smartphone came with a Quick Charge certified wall charger in the box. Can I also use an adapter from another manufacturer to charge?

Look for the Qualcomm Quick Charge logo. Only accessories that pass UL certification can use the Quick Charge logo, since they've been tested for compatibility and interoperability. Any Quick Charge certified adapter can rapidly charge any device that has Quick Charge enabled.

You can use other manufacturers chargers, but it will charge at a slower rate. The proprietary quick charge is mostly a minus if you have already invested in quick chargers that use a different implementation. IE you bought a couple Qualcomm quick chargers and although they will charge Huawei phones, you are missing out on using their full potential

Sugarman

Making Sugar
Q3: My smartphone came with a Quick Charge certified wall charger in the box. Can I also use an adapter from another manufacturer to charge?

Look for the Qualcomm Quick Charge logo. Only accessories that pass UL certification can use the Quick Charge logo, since they've been tested for compatibility and interoperability. Any Quick Charge certified adapter can rapidly charge any device that has Quick Charge enabled.

Never had a problem so far with charging, at work I mostly use PC usb so at home, the Charging is no problem