Why AG Mobile was liquidated

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Why was sea freight not a option?

I never liked their phone designs. Ugly and better options out there for similar prices. Surprised they lasted as long as they did frankly.

Ryansr

Expert Member
Inferior quality and a general dislike

Because I wouldn't touch their products with a stick? I seriously walk the long way around if I see any of these local cellular brands in front of me. I literally become a snob and employ all evasive tactics with the people trying to sell it. :sick:

In my mind, history has shown if it's South African manufactured its of inferior build quality and overall not worth my money. :love:

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Because I wouldn't touch their products with a stick? I seriously walk the long way around if I see any of these local cellular brands in front of me. I literally become a snob and employ all evasive tactics with the people trying to sell it. :sick:

In my mind, history has shown if it's South African manufactured its of inferior build quality and overall not worth my money. :love:

Not even built here.

Why was sea freight not a option?

I never liked their phone designs. Ugly and better options out there for similar prices. Surprised they lasted as long as they did frankly.

Because... reasons... but it was a valid option... would have cost him less...

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Because... reasons... but it was a valid option... would have cost him less...

Using air freight to bring all that stock in was crazy. My sis works for a IT disti and only if it is a emergency will they bring some stock in with air. The norm is to use sea freight and plan orders keeping in mind the ETA of the ships.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Using air freight to bring all that stock in was crazy. My sis works for a IT disti and only if it is a emergency will they bring some stock in with air. The norm is to use sea freight and plan orders keeping in mind the ETA of the ships.

I'm going to assume it was due to their delivery timelines and the fact that they couldn't do any stock planning correctly... they had to airfreight to get shyte here quickly with every order.