Why is my internet so slow??

steco777

I made a quick video to help troubleshoot internet issues .

Also remember to do both a local and international speedtest . To do a local speedtest use speedtest.mybroadband.co.za and To do an international speedtest use speedtest.net and click change server and choose ATT New York .

Last edited:

steco777

you're literally telling people to ping their gateway then an arb IP, and telling the viewer to assume throttling or congestion which is fake news, maybe read my post below, educate yourself first and then reevaluate how you use your time: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/a-dummies-guide-to-why-your-internet-is-slow.1053581/
Thanks see your article is very informative.

Regarding the ping test yes it’s basic but if you have any internal network issues ie devices or faulty cabling pinging your internal gateway can verify if there is a faulty network or a device that’s straining your network . Before it leaves your internal connection.

Doing a trace route as per your example will not determine if there is an internal network problem affecting your internet connection .

gamer16

Honorary Master
Came here expecting a inconspicuous tutorial to delete sys32 files.

/Leaves disappointed at the wasted opportunity by OP.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
according to an isp I have spoken with them recently, your phone / an old router can slow down their whole network, it also will log you out and in repeatedly . :D :D :D
(Not my opinion, I agreed with you that is wrong.)