Why uncapped wireless broadband is always a terrible idea

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Neotel’s product has a key difference, though: it had a cost-linked, usage-based FUP from launch – with prices varying by maximum allowed speed like an uncapped ADSL service.
This, this, this and again this! I don't want 70mbps if I can only download 50gig. Give me a 500gig service at say 10/20mbps aup and I'll be on it like a rash.

JStrike

Honorary Master
MyWireless was a great product. Used to love it.
Still remember getting drivers via TheRodent

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
MyWireless was a great product. Used to love it.
Still remember getting drivers via TheRodent
Jip, Same here.

I also put a grid antenna on the roof, using the advice given by him. Bought it from Miro back in the day.

uncapped wireless is very viable, you just need to limit the top end of the speed.

JStrike

Honorary Master
Jip, Same here.

I also put a grid antenna on the roof, using the advice given by him. Bought it from Miro back in the day.

uncapped wireless is very viable, you just need to limit the top end of the speed.
Do you remember the Cantenna made with pringles? Good times :)

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
In other words you can't have both higher and higher data rates and unlimited capacity, it is either one or the other or a very carefully balanced situation between both.

But in the broader scheme of things, that is why ultimately, "wireless" is a dead end street in the access network. All we do not know is when the bubble will burst and whether it will occur in our lifetime ...

milomak

Honorary Master
Jip, Same here.

this reminded me of WUG. is it still around?