Hey all
So Im having difficulty connecting my laptop to a home network. There are two routers - each with their own SSID, which are linked to the same internet line. Call them router 1 and router 2.
Im running windows 10, and can connect to router 1 without hassle (and HAVE internet). However, when connecting to router 2, it connects to the network - but I have no internet. I really need to sort this out as the best signal I have is with router 2.
When typing IPCONFIG into CMD, there is no address for default gateway.
I have used a friends laptop and that works fine - connecting to both networks.
Networking details for that laptop are:
IP4: 192.168.1.73
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
When using my laptop to connect to router 2:
IP4: 169.254.51.181
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: Blank
I have tried selecting a static IP address and forcing the default gateway to be the same as the laptop that works, but this does not work either.
Any ideas for a fix? Im confused as to how my laptop uses some arbitrary IP4 address - that seems very different to the one that works?
So Im having difficulty connecting my laptop to a home network. There are two routers - each with their own SSID, which are linked to the same internet line. Call them router 1 and router 2.
Im running windows 10, and can connect to router 1 without hassle (and HAVE internet). However, when connecting to router 2, it connects to the network - but I have no internet. I really need to sort this out as the best signal I have is with router 2.
When typing IPCONFIG into CMD, there is no address for default gateway.
I have used a friends laptop and that works fine - connecting to both networks.
Networking details for that laptop are:
IP4: 192.168.1.73
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
When using my laptop to connect to router 2:
IP4: 169.254.51.181
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: Blank
I have tried selecting a static IP address and forcing the default gateway to be the same as the laptop that works, but this does not work either.
Any ideas for a fix? Im confused as to how my laptop uses some arbitrary IP4 address - that seems very different to the one that works?