Wifi calling - Nexus phones

convict21

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
I'm struggling to understand why wifi calling isn't enabled for recent Nexus phones. The android versions and security patches are always bleeding edge. Surely it is just a case of cell c adding these devices to a whitelist so that we can download the SIP account settings? I mean, the Nexus 5x and 6p devices are superior to a lot of the devices currently on the cell c list.

Well maybe not superior, but you get my meaning. Any input from cell c?
 
I have a LG G3 with a custom ROM that has the stock Android Dialer that has SIP support. Maybe it's country specific?

You might be able to find the original Dialer from somewhere and just sideload it.
 
I have a LG G3 with a custom ROM that has the stock Android Dialer that has SIP support. Maybe it's country specific?

You might be able to find the original Dialer from somewhere and just sideload it.

I don't follow, all non-rooted nexus phones have the stock android dialer with SIP support. So that isn't the issue, the issue must lie with cell c... who don't want to comment.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X