Wifi Calling

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
They’ve also got a ridiculously small selection of approved devices, and even the tariff plays a part as certain tariffs aren’t included either, (last time I checked).

It’s typical Vodafone customer dis-service ;).
Well tbh I'm roaming >50% of the time anyway so doubt there is much benefit. Still surprised...it's a 7+ ifruit so pretty much the one device I'd imagine would work if any...

whatwhat

Executive Member
So still trying to get this enabled on the prepaid sim I bought to test it out on.

Vodacom shops tell me that they can't touch anything on prepaid, and that I must call 082111. Call them and they don't know what VoLTE, wifi calling or anything is. They say to go to the store instead.

falcon786

Executive Member
It's probably a phone compatibility issue,my prepaid sim was already wifi calling enabled I didn't have to do anything special to activate it as far as I can recall.

whatwhat

Executive Member
Still can't get wifi calling enabled.

Called 082111 a few time and they don't know what I mean. Just that data is provisioned. Contacted the twitter account and they say that wifi calling is in beta and for contract customers only.

Will have to try Cell C then.

falcon786

Executive Member
Still can't get wifi calling enabled.

Called 082111 a few time and they don't know what I mean. Just that data is provisioned. Contacted the twitter account and they say that wifi calling is in beta and for contract customers only.

Will have to try Cell C then.
Rubbish,I'm on prepaid and wifi calling is working just fine.

vorman

After reading on the Vodacom community page and trying it myself, I can confirm that VoLTE works on S8 after deactivating international calling. Do not confuse this with international roaming. Int calling is the ability to call international numbers while in SA. It is activated by default on all prepaid and top up contracts. All hard capped contracts don't have it activated by default I think.
Anyway, I deactivated the feature and for the first time I see the Volte icon on my phone. Been trying to get this to work for months and not even Vodacom could tell me why it's not working. Hope it helps some of you.

Sayf777

Yip as the poster above said, u need to deactivate international calling. It def should work after. I read on one of the vodacom's sites thats its only active for S6 7 and 8 currently?

falcon786

Executive Member
After reading on the Vodacom community page and trying it myself, I can confirm that VoLTE works on S8 after deactivating international calling. Do not confuse this with international roaming. Int calling is the ability to call international numbers while in SA. It is activated by default on all prepaid and top up contracts. All hard capped contracts don't have it activated by default I think.
Anyway, I deactivated the feature and for the first time I see the Volte icon on my phone. Been trying to get this to work for months and not even Vodacom could tell me why it's not working. Hope it helps some of you.
Interesting.

whatwhat

Executive Member
Can I deactivate it on their website? Or is it a ussd command?

Will google in the meantime as well

vorman

Can I deactivate it on their website? Or is it a ussd command?

Will google in the meantime as well
I didn't find it on the website. But possibly because mine is a business contract.
All it takes is a phone call to customer care.
On business, they require a letter on official letterhead. But try calling first.