Wifi connectivity issue

cvw777

Hello guys.

I seems to have a unique issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have ADSL and am connecting it via wifi to my desktop just fine; no issues. However, my neighbour and I are looking to team up and share fibre between the households to get more for less. The signal during testing is not an issue at all. All our phones and my work- and personal laptops connect and are stable.

However, my desktop does not want to love the fibre wifi connection as my other devices to. Here's my finding - My desktop connects to the fibre wifi, then disconnects automatically after a while. I went into the connection properties and selected that the PC does not go to sleep, no luck. I checked Eset Nod 32 and once I disabled it it seemed to keep the connection but after a very short while gives me sporadic speeds; generally very slow to unusable.

The strange thing is that every other device in the house connects to the fibre wifi and remains connected and stable. Also, my desktop connects and remains stable to my ADSL wifi connection without issues. If it helps, I'm running Win 10 with all latest updates installed.

Any help would go a long way. Thanks a lot!

r4nd0m

How far are you from the WiFi router or access point? What's your signal strength?

If you manage to connect, but then it slows down or dies out after a while, it usually means you're not within range or there is interference.

cvw777

How far are you from the WiFi router or access point? What's your signal strength?

If you manage to connect, but then it slows down or dies out after a while, it usually means you're not within range or there is interference.
Reception to my neighbour is at 3/4 bars and doesn't indicate signs of dropping over time. I must also comment that our duet houses have 2 floors; on the bottom floor we connect to the main router and on the 1st floor we connect to his extender. I'm a bit perplexed as our phones have worse wifi than my PCI network card in my PC yet it has no issues.

isie

Honorary Master
So many factors that may cause interference on the wifi bands, how many other wifi signals are there do you have your ADLS router on when you trying to connect , the signal strength the repeater getting the original signal, the fact that you connecting to the repeater.
Is there no chance you can run a network cable directly from his router to your home so can set up an AP in your home that will most probably solve all of your issues.