Wilropark in Roodepoort (JHB) connectivity problems

Angemon

Active Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2005
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Location
Roodepoort, JHB.
As per the title been having issues since after Wednessday nights thunderstorm.

I have already phoned Telkom and logged a fault.

I would just like to know if anybody else is having issues or is it just me?
 
Im in Roodekrans near the NG Kerk and its running fine here.

What problems you having? disconnects? slow speeds?
 
I am on WRK (Wilropark exchange)
No problems to report. Was slow as crap on Wednesday

HOWEVER

This exchange is notorious for bad lines.. third time lucky for me.
 
Thanks for the replys.

@Koosi
I am also on the WRK exchange so I am used to having not the best internet experiance but it has never been this bad. On Wednessday the internet was fine

Since Thursday morning it has been slow as crap. Taking minutes to open a website (local is faster though) with several refreshes.

Still have not heard back from Telkom and I have not been able to get through to them for a fault update.
 
I stay in Little falls just around the corner and I have been having troubles since last week Thursday got a Telkom techie to come out this Thursday.

My line at least sync's at the correct speed now and the attenuation which has been sitting at 60db downstream and over 30db up stream with a snr margin of about 5 has at least improved slightly, but still not where it used to be before last week.

Which makes me wonder isn't attenuation based only on distance from the exchange or can faulty hardware or a connection be a factor hear as well?
 
As far as I know, quality of the copper lines also plays a factor in your attenuation. If you know for a fact that you are very close to the exchange and have very high attenuation (60+) most likely it is a wiring and Telkom problem.
 
Im in Wilro Park near the exchange and don't have any issues here, it's probably a localized issue with your line
 
HI!

I live in the Wilropark area and having such slow connection as well. Spoken to a technician Friday and earlier on. They say a router problem but when will they ever repair. We need to have our gigs reimbursed. I hope not to long as so frustrating.
 
HI!

I live in the Wilropark area and having such slow connection as well. Spoken to a technician Friday and earlier on. They say a router problem but when will they ever repair. We need to have our gigs reimbursed. I hope not to long as so frustrating.
This is my exchange: http://www.broadbandstats.co.za/exchange/RWRK03

What's your ISP? You guys should provide more info so that we can deduce if the problem is our exchange or not -

The only problem I've been having, using this exchange, is since Telkom switched over to the new 105.22x IP block this month. speeds on shaped accounts seem to have taken a notably considerable knock, especially international browsing, but even local. Switching to an unshaped Telkom account confirmed that the problem was not my port on the exchange, but an account issue with a 'not-yet-capped' shaped TelkomInternet account.

The difference between Telkom shaped and Unshaped before used to be barely noticeable, but now we're really feeling the pressure on shaped accounts. I have 3 of these accounts with Telkom, and if the speeds haven't returned to normal by the end of the month, will be cancelling them all in favour of another ISP's uncapped offering -- probably Mweb or WA, given their new pricing
 
Wilropark Connectivity

I have everything with Telkom including ISP and adsl line. I am also on the 10 gig limit.
 
I'm in Roodekrans, no problems touch wood.

Get a BIG piece of wood to touch ;)

Also in Roodekrans on 011 764 xxxx exchange in Wilropark. Speedtest won't even load, and when it does D/L jumps from 1.7M down to 0.02. Been like
that since 7th Jan and Teldom can't get the fault :confused:

Changed routers, changes ISP's the works. Even got the Teldom techies
router here. Teldom router won't sync on the line.........

Eishhhhh ...........
 
I've got MWEB but also a Afrihost prepaid. On both accounts speedtest won't even load. Also logged a call. Really frustrating
 
It is now virtually 5 days that the Internet is still so slow. I wonder if Telkom will ever get it done or will it take days. I have lost money in certain areas due to Internet connection. I hope they do something but plan to phone again to the technicians and demand an answer. It is really frustrating and we need our loss bandwidth reimbursed but I suppose they won't do that.
 
I actually got a very helpful technician at Telkom earlier on. Apparently due to the volume of people using ADSL? They are having to rebuild the exchange which they are presently doing and working 24 hours. I was given a report at 4 am. We should be starting to get some speed soon but it can take up until Friday or even until next week to be fully restored but they are working on it. I fall in Wilropark 1 and there are almost 400 users that are affected that are in the section. I hope soon as it is frustrating.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X