Win 7 & Route Sentry :

D

Deleted member 78630

So if I run Route Sentry on Win 7, then I wont need the RASPPoE protocol... right?

With my current modem I can switch it to bridge mode, setup the 2 Dail-Up style connections, but can only connect 2 one of them at a time.

MY modem doesn't support the ability to choose the number of WAN points
(or so the modem support helpline told me:confused:) so I can't setup the RASPPoE protocol,

So with Win7 will I be able to run Route Sentry and connect to the 2 connections at the same time without the WAN function or not?

I have a Siemens Gigaset 762sx

APoc184

Honorary Master
The Wanendpoints setting has nothing to do with settings in your router. It is a WIN 7 registry setting.

Route Sentry works fine in Vista and Win 7. Just follow Stroebs' guide.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 78630

Okay but, how do I set the number of lines (WAN endpoints) in the PPPOE protocol properties to 2 or more?

If I understand u correctly then it isn't a setting on my modem but something that I'll have to modify, like in Win7...

Thanx 4 your time and patience:)

APoc184

Honorary Master
I have never used it in XP. Only Vista and Win 7.

But just reading through the RouteSentry instructions tells me that the WAN settings will be changed in the RASPPPoE settings. XP ONLY.
Maybe somebody can correct me. Try it and let us know.

EDIT: Yes. You can't change the WAN settings in your router. It has nothing to do with the router. It is a Windows based setting.

D

Deleted member 78630

Issue resolved, was my own fault :eek:

Route Sentry is now fully operational and works like a charm :D

APoc184

Honorary Master
So tell us what was wrong.

You might be helping others.

D

Deleted member 78630

To embarrassed to tell. :eek:

All I can say is that...

I didn't recognize the WinXP readme in the RASPPPOE folder:

It was labeled as " README2K "

And if anyone just follows it directly, then you'll have Route Sentry up and running in no time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing that got me was that I didn't know what some of the stuff meant on the AntiBody website, like where do you setup the number of WAN points and so forth.

But thanks 4 everybody's time and patience.

Pada

Executive Member
IMO, someone should rewrite write a similar app as RouteSentry that comes with a guide and automatic updates, etc

and if the developer has too much time at hand, build in live support for noobies :)

D

Deleted member 78630

@ pada well, good 2 see u took up your own advice and started on a new app, good job :D