Winamp 5.8 released

Lupus

Honorary Master

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I can smell the cheap high school weed and booze. AVS rocking to a near seizure while blasting Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method and the Prodigy.

Good times.

No matter what processor I had, I could never get AVS to run at more than 20FPS.

Maybe now that I have a processor at least 10 times more powerful than my old Athlon 700, it will finally run at acceptable framerates. Maybe 23FPS.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
No matter what processor I had, I could never get AVS to run at more than 20FPS.

Maybe now that I have a processor at least 10 times more powerful than my old Athlon 700, it will finally run at acceptable framerates. Maybe 23FPS.

It's still not GPU rendering or multicore support so prepare to be disappointed. XD It's faster on modern CPU's but that 1920p render. :ROFL: Plus these things needs to run 60fps for it to look good.

s0lar

Winamp AVS is what got me into coding in retrospect.

I remember looking at the AVS wondering how this magic made visuals to audio. Dialing up on my 56k, hitting up the Winamp webring for AVS coding tutorials. Never managed to get anything to compile let alone run but it was the start of the coding journey.

PseuDohNom

I remember tweaking the avs settings for half an hour trying to get 60fps on my Riva TNT 2.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Winamp AVS is what got me into coding in retrospect.

I remember looking at the AVS wondering how this magic made visuals to audio. Dialing up on my 56k, hitting up the Winamp webring for AVS coding tutorials. Never managed to get anything to compile let alone run but it was the start of the coding journey.

The math geniuses of winamp moved to touch designer. None of them looked back.

I learned trig through winamp AVS. XD

saor

Honorary Master
Don't keep locally stored music anymore.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Was using winamp right up until then though. Was probably my first media app and stayed that way until Spotify & youtube arrived.