Windows 10 keyboard config

daveza

Honorary Master
This is really not supposed to be so difficult !

My Win 10 is set to use English South Africa.

When I type apostrophes or inverted commas they don't register unless I press space after each one.

So Google says that's because my keyboard is set to US-International.

I must change that to just US - then I must change my language to English United Kingdom.

If I change to English UK then my @ and " keys are swapped.

Is this a keyboard config problem, a language config problem or both ?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I have found that it is better to match the settings to the physical keyboard layout and then decide on the language settings you want as default.
Havingvsaid that, I have a problem at the moment with my ACER laptop, that reverted to defaults after a recent ACER series of driver updates. I have not got around to seeing what else has changed, only noticed some of the function keys are no longer the way I like them to be.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Click on english south africa and then on options. add the us one first and make it the default and then remove the international one.

Win10 settings app sux, can't fin schit in it.
Not at all complicated, just approach the settings issues logically and everything falls into place. Take shortcuts and pay the penalty.

daveza

Honorary Master
Click on english south africa and then on options. add the us one first and make it the default and then remove the international one.

Win10 settings app sux, can't fin schit in it.

Perfect, thank you !

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
I have used a small app called 'SharpKeys' to re-assign keys on my PC when using non-standard keyboards - like the Logitech ones that for some obscure reason, have a secondary '| \' key right where the left 'Shift' key is...

1619103970168.png

SharpKeys review with download link: