Windows 11 looking like a free upgrade

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Windows 11 looking like a free upgrade

Evidence is mounting that Microsoft’s next major update for Windows will be available as a free upgrade for users of older versions of the operating system.

The anticipation for the launch has been growing online after Microsoft announced that it would be sharing more details on its “next generation of Windows” on 24 June.

Although Microsoft has not confirmed the name of the new operating system, a developer version of the OS which recently leaked on the web indicates it could be called Windows 11.

human75

Leaked version works perfect. i have upgraded my current win10 pro to win11 without any issues. Activation was there.
All features are working and no bugs detected yet.

human75

Fully tested and scanned. Null malware.. All in order. If sharing a download link is ok here i can share it. i dont want to get trouble

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Fully tested and scanned. Null malware.. All in order. If sharing a download link is ok here i can share it. i dont want to get trouble
Pointless since there's already two never builds with 22000 likely being shown off on June 24 and rolling out afterwards for insiders...

1623932810989.png

eg2505

Honorary Master
That's because it's baked into the o/s...have fun getting all your details skimmed.
/s
this, who knows what this version floating around has,
would load it on a VM, and take it from there, and Possibly load it when Beta comes out.

saor

Honorary Master
this, who knows what this version floating around has,
would load it on a VM, and take it from there, and Possibly load it when Beta comes out.
Anyone installing a random windows ISO and doing internet banking etc. the next day is asking for trouble. But ja - kinda looking forward to the upgrade, the interface looks a lot cleaner, though tabbed explorer would've been nice.

rrh

Expert Member
I am more interested in the update mechanism i.e. can an update be deferred until it works - say in Windows 12 :)

DHimself

I remember there being an article somewhere talking about Windows as a Saas-type platform, with the numeric identifier falling away. Guess they're not doing that anymore. But yeah, I think the "leak" is a PR stunt.

human75

Thanks for infos. All in order as i said.
You don't believe no need to install it lol. Dont stress.
I am using windows since win 3. 1.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Paid R150-200 for my Win 10 license (not OEM).

Won't mind if I have to fork R200 again for Win 11.

rvZA

Executive Member
So, as I understand it, "Windows 11" will basically be the 21H2 update?