Windows 8 $14.99 upgrade offer for Windows 7 Starter

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
14,606
Reaction score
1,671
Location
Somerset West
So according to M$ the $14.99 upgrade offer is not going to work on a Windows 7 Starter install. :D

Well I'm happy to let you all know that I managed to upgrade a Windows 7 Starter with no issues or hacks. The laptop is working so fine that it convinced me to also do an upgrade on my Win7 home Premium.

Anybody else give it a try?
 
Did not work for me - MS refused me the discount voucher on my laptop running Win 7 starter.
 
So according to M$ the $14.99 upgrade offer is not going to work on a Windows 7 Starter install. :D

Well I'm happy to let you all know that I managed to upgrade a Windows 7 Starter with no issues or hacks. The laptop is working so fine that it convinced me to also do an upgrade on my Win7 home Premium.

Anybody else give it a try?

I paid $15 for my upgrade, but I didn't have a product key for Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate, Vista, XP or any other Windows. It seems the verification procedure was only introduced yesterday. My exact method no longer works though, so the people I told to hurry up and get Win 8 Pro for R125 will now have to pay a thousand for the standard Win 8 (upgrade not possible).
 
I paid $15 for my upgrade, but I didn't have a product key for Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate, Vista, XP or any other Windows. It seems the verification procedure was only introduced yesterday. My exact method no longer works though, so the people I told to hurry up and get Win 8 Pro for R125 will now have to pay a thousand for the standard Win 8 (upgrade not possible).

Thanks for the update.

I purchased my another $15 licence yesterday 16:50 without issue. Its possible that M$ purposely disabled validation on their side due to the high demand on their servers.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X