Windows servers

EzD

I'm looking for virtual servers that has high single core performance. Looking at the options however as I want to run heavy apps on them, should I go for a VPS or Dedicated server?

I will be abusing disk reads and writes (No, it will be the way I copy content around and the randomness of saving big files to a hard drive after modifying them over and over) and I'll be wiping software and be reinstalling it. Network usage will be low.

Which provider is the best for machines that can be abused and that will allow disk abuse? I suspect my best option would be a dedicated server. Less impact on other customers who won't be expecting someone to hammer a SAN HDD.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
It depends. Nothing wrong with a cloud server, and when you consider that companies run their ERP servers on platforms like Google, AWS or Azure (we use Azure for our VMs), then you can get an understanding of what the cloud platform offers.
Smaller cloud providers here locally might not be able to handle getting hammered and this would translate into either poor results for you, or angry customers for them.
A hyperscale cloud provider would be a better bet, otherwise a dedicated physical server hosted somewhere that's configured for your requirements. You need to do the costing around this all.

Telasera

Telasera representative
Company Rep
I'm looking for virtual servers that has high single core performance. Looking at the options however as I want to run heavy apps on them, should I go for a VPS or Dedicated server?

I will be abusing disk reads and writes (No, it will be the way I copy content around and the randomness of saving big files to a hard drive after modifying them over and over) and I'll be wiping software and be reinstalling it. Network usage will be low.

Which provider is the best for machines that can be abused and that will allow disk abuse? I suspect my best option would be a dedicated server. Less impact on other customers who won't be expecting someone to hammer a SAN HDD.
Hi Op,

Do you have a budget for this deployment, I'm sure we can assist you with some fast storage options on Dedicated Servers... NVMe perhaps?
Feel free to PM us if you wish to discuss.