Wirulink madness.

Clintie

Hey guys, some opinions please....

I got Wirulink about a year ago because I had no other options in my area at the time, I asked for professional package which is overkill but I needed the reliability and static IP for work purposes etc etc.

I paid a massive upfront of about R6300 for everything including install and over R2000 monthly for a 10mbps package. Service was fantastic no major issues. After RAIN 5g deployed in my area I had a cheaper option for 20x the speed. (200mbps) so naturally I switched.

Cancelled with Wirulink only to be told the equipment does not belong to me and they coming to collect! Even taking into account the massive upfront fee. Collectively I have paid these guys over R22,000 since August 2019 so I was totally surprised but decided to move on with my life....

After collecting the kit (under duress) I get an invoice for equipment removal of over R1000!!!!

How many of you find this to be an absolutely abusive business practice or is it just me? If this is acceptable behaviour in the market today then so be it but I find this absolutely disgraceful and I wont be a part of it. I will actively campaign to boycott services like these.

rant over.

Clintie

ThatGuy_ZA

What did it say about equipment ownership in their T's and C's when you signed up?

Clintie

What did it say about equipment ownership in their T's and C's when you signed up?
Of course everything is in their standard terms and conditions but You only find that out after the fact like every other average person.

You can make the case that you knowingly sell your soul once you sign on the dotted line but the point I am ultimately making is that I was insane to use these guys based on these practices and I will make sure this is a warning to all other people as well before they sign up for this madness.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
Yeah Wirulink are a bunch of skelms. I dont know where the hell they come up with these figures.

I suppose they are the Wantitall.co.za equivalent of ISP's.

1589540225227.png

philaniH

Hey

Even a Radwin Jet or Cambium CNMedusa does not cost R4500 for just the dish. One may add a bracket, cable and a good router, that's about R1750, Labour, another R 750. This is According to Todays Price, back then, it could be that price, They still Collected?

They need to be dealt with, messing up the WISP Industry.

breacher

It's bad that some (W)ISP's (not referring to Wirulink now particularly) - tends to push as much as possible additional costs to the client once they are canceling, this makes the client afraid of all future providers, including the ones that don't do this. Burning the bridge permanently. It's unnecessary, greedy, and sad.

breacher

Hey

Even a Radwin Jet or Cambium CNMedusa does not cost R4500 for just the dish. One may add a bracket, cable and a good router, that's about R1750, Labour, another R 750. This is According to Todays Price, back then, it could be that price, They still Collected?

They need to be dealt with, messing up the WISP Industry.
PS: Radwin is rubbish! ;) I've got - if you want to buy them let me know.

Clintie

Appreciate the feedback guys. If the other WISPs can get their act together I cant see Wirulink remaining competitive at these prices for much longer.