Xbox One ditches Kinect, slashes price

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
LMAO, these clowns. About time they caught a wake up. Too bad they didn't listen to people's reactions from before the launch...

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
...too late, no?
Maybe not, their big exclusives are still to come. But they certainly lost a chance at taking an early lead with this whole Kinect fiasco, as if their inferior hardware wasn't enough of a concern...

Ninja'd

A Djinn
They probably pissed off a lot of devs whose current projects included Kinect integration.

-Prismo-

Executive Member
Microsoft has been humiliating themselves with this next gen thing ever since the products were announced..

First it was the DRM
Then Sony selling more than them
Now it's going back on their word ..

Pity, because up till now I was going to get one

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
This is pretty funny.

What probably happened with the Xbox One as it was originally planned was that they got a bunch of marketing and account execs in a room with no background in games, hardware or product development. And this is what those geniuses came up with. Months later, after they had to reverse a lot of Windows 8 design decisions (same group of execs), they now have to reverse some key decisions about the XBO, thanks to poor sales (relative to the PS4). You just don't get a better pie in face moment for Microsoft's execs.

Necuno

Court Jester
This is pretty funny.

What probably happened with the Xbox One as it was originally planned was that they got a bunch of marketing and account execs in a room with no background in games, hardware or product development. And this is what those geniuses came up with. Months later, after they had to reverse a lot of Windows 8 design decisions (same group of execs), they now have to reverse some key decisions about the XBO, thanks to poor sales (relative to the PS4). You just don't get a better pie in face moment for Microsoft's execs.
Wrong people in key positions making great decisions. I see this daily...

BBotha

So the only difference between the xBOne and PS4 is that the PS4 has faster hardware. And the only xbox exclusive worth its price is not even going to be available in SA. So I can't count xbone Xclusives as they might not launch here..... Damn, I will stick to PC gaming for now.....

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
So the only difference between the xBOne and PS4 is that the PS4 has faster hardware. And the only xbox exclusive worth its price is not even going to be available in SA. So I can't count xbone Xclusives as they might not launch here..... Damn, I will stick to PC gaming for now.....
It's not like Titanfall was available in SA on PC either. Weird decision to stick with PC if it's because of that...

CeeBee

Expert Member
having Netflix as an available app on Xbox, or PS4 is a nice extra.... but i cant imagine it being a deciding factor for many prospective buyers? its quite an expensive piece of hardware to waste on Netflix or Hulu, if there are cheaper streaming sets available.
i have Xbox360 and Xbox live subscription, but i much rather use old laptop connected to tv for streaming, and save the expensive unit's lifespan for playing the expensive games that it needs :)
maybe in the US, there is more logic to it, with different costing values?

crysis

Expert Member
I wonder if the xbox will be cheaper than the ps4 when it comes out. Im pretty sure microsoft themselves or some other major importer will be bringing them into the country, meaning if the xbox undercuts the ps4, that in turn might get a price drop. I reckon a good idea if you are considering the ps4 is to wait for the xbox to land here. Of course if you did get the ps4, its a pretty useless box of plastic as there are no decent games available for it.