Xiaomi smartphones launching in Africa

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
<- Proud owner of a Xiaomi Mi4i

Charged it somewhere around 8Pm last night and it is still above 60%.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
For those who had trouble pronouncing the name (like me) it sounds exactly like "show-me"

On topic, about time! :)

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Nice!

The more affordable LTE/3G phones are available the quicker 2G spectrum can be refarmed. :D

Vegeta

Executive Member

Pfft cheap dual sim Moto G sitting on 70% since charge last night with bluetooth on day and night for smartwatch and both sims on. The processor seems to be very efficient (but the ram is crap)
It does appear to kill everything even the launcher(redraw) when sleeping for a long time(which is crap again due to the crap ram)

Should have paid more but I guess it will have to last me atleast another year.

Last edited:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
For those who had trouble pronouncing the name (like me) it sounds exactly like "show-me"

On topic, about time! :)
That's not correct. Xiaomi is pronounced show-me with the show rhyming with cow.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master

I thought I was the only one with a XiaoMi. Bloody hell, now well have to change brands now that everyone will have one

SCHUMI-4-EVA

Expert Member
Bah, these models are nothing to write home about unlike previous models. All they'll likely do is destroy Huawei's market share.

Raphael123

Expert Member
Finally but watch the Core group jack up the resale value here. Android One also in Africa but S.A not on the list. Any thoughts?