XP market domination. How long?

macboer

How long do you think XP will rule PCs. Will Windows "x" dominate within the next 15 to 20 years?

davemc

Executive Member
A PC lasts about 4-6 years.
You simply cannot buy a PC with XP anymore.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Windows 7 has already overtaken Vista and will most likely overtake XP very soon, def. within a year.

macboer

Windows 7 has already overtaken Vista and will most likely overtake XP very soon, def. within a year.
What are you willing to bet on that?

I've seen computers advertised with Win7+downgrade disk! can't remember where though. Will try to find. :)

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
I will take that bet. Windows 7 will dominate, there's no doubt in my mind. It's growth curve is way ahead of Vista. (where Vista was at the time).

This is because it's fast, stable and has good features. It's a good OS.

macboer

I will take that bet. Windows 7 will dominate, there's no doubt in my mind. It's growth curve is way ahead of Vista. (where Vista was at the time).

This is because it's fast, stable and has good features. It's a good OS.
For me the question isn't about the "goodness" of the OS but rather, how many PC's will be sold in the next couple of years till the next Win OS and till the NEXT one?

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
Windows is too entrenched in the desktop. The thing that will kill it is iPad and Android Tablets.

Jola

Honorary Master
There is an XP downgrade option for my new Sony Vaio P (which came with Windows 7 Home Premium).

UnUnOctium

Expert Member
7 will dominate over XP since microsoft is forcing people to use 7. If they provided both OSs side-by-side, XP would remain dominant for quite a while since it's just a better OS.

Keeper

Honorary Master
How long?

well, until Microsoft releases a fix to their UAC for newbies who don't know how to disable it.

macboer

1% a year!? won't that take, like, REALLY LONG?

Ps. yes, i agree syth*something*, tables will dominate.

murraybiscuit

Executive Member
How long?

well, until Microsoft releases a fix to their UAC for newbies who don't know how to disable it.
rofl.
yes. first thing i take off.
i can understand why it's on and hidden away though.
if you can't find it, chances are, you shouldn't be disabling it.

killadoob

Honorary Master
7 will dominate over XP since microsoft is forcing people to use 7. If they provided both OSs side-by-side, XP would remain dominant for quite a while since it's just a better OS.
LOL @ xp being better than 7.

Good Lord the thought of working on xp again freaks me out.