Xtra Time Loan popup

GlibReaper

Hi.

Kids tablet has an MTN SIM in it, but we don't use it, except that granny likes to call little one on it. Now every so often I wake up to find the screen growing brightly (presumably all night), because MTN wants to offer an "Xtra Time Loan". Any idea how to stop that popup!?

Zakiya07

I'm having the same problem too and it only pops up after midnight leaving my screen on the entire night.

Zakiya07

I went to the MTN app, to the Manage Consent option and turned everything off. I hope it helps. You can also do it by dialing *135#.

GlibReaper

I went to the MTN app, to the Manage Consent option and turned everything off. I hope it helps. You can also do it by dialing *135#.
Thanks, Zakiya07. I unsubscribed from everything I could. Let's hope it works.

10do

I just complained to them on Twitter about the exact same thing. The screen just stays on all night. Then they send smss at 2am about how my airtime is low. Its spammy and borders on abusive to be honest. I really hope a rep sees this because its honestly getting to a point where I am considering porting away from them because of it.

GlibReaper

I just complained to them on Twitter about the exact same thing. The screen just stays on all night. Then they send smss at 2am about how my airtime is low. Its spammy and borders on abusive to be honest. I really hope a rep sees this because its honestly getting to a point where I am considering porting away from them because of it.
Honestly, if we weren't in lockdown, I WOULD have ported away. MTN, fix this!

GlibReaper

Thanks, Zakiya07. I unsubscribed from everything I could. Let's hope it works.
No such luck. Still getting that irritating pop-up. I'm leaving the tablet on flight mode overnight. As soon as I get to shop, I'm getting a new SIM card. Bye-bye MTN.

airborne

Honorary Master
This annoyance seems to have only started after the lockdown?
MTN trying to milk people extra hard due to the reduced useage during lockdown

airborne

Honorary Master
Has anyone managed to shut this POS down yet?
They bloody well send them out at 1:30am like clockwork, wtf!!!

GlibReaper

No luck for me. I've gotten into the habit of just leaving that tablet on flight mode at night. As soon as I can get to a shop I'm switching networks!

Totempole

Expert Member
Not sure if it necessarily worked, or they just stopped sending them out due to an influx of complaints. I kept getting them and did nothing and eventually they just stopped on their own.