Yahoo Answers will be shut down in May

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Yahoo Answers will be shut down in May

Verizon Media Group has announced it will shut down one of the Internet's oldest web Q&A sites - Yahoo Answers - next month.

A message at the top of the Yahoo Answers website states that the platform will be moving to a read-only state on 20 April 2021, after which it will be completely shut down on 4 May 2021.

According to a report from The Verge, Yahoo has also sent active users of the platform a note which explained why it was being discontinued.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I was quite an active user back in the day, but I lost interest when they started deleting my answers for really stupid reasons.
The moderators were clueless and ineffective. I'm not surprised that people lost interest.
Same thing is happening with Facebook right now.
They are deleting the good people and promoting the bad eggs.
Having a good moderation team is essential.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
765.jpg

Swa

Honorary Master
"It has been inundated with bizarre, funny, and offensive questions and answers, meaning it is often viewed as a source of comedy, rather than a platform for sound advice or robust debate."

Sounds like Quora, only less popular.

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member
"It has been inundated with bizarre, funny, and offensive questions and answers, meaning it is often viewed as a source of comedy, rather than a platform for sound advice or robust debate."

Sounds like Quora, only less popular.
Indeed It's just like reddit Left and Stupid