CyberPower is taking orders for its Trinity gaming PC, which ranks as one world’s coolest gaming set-ups – both figuratively and literally.
The three-blade design separates heat-producing components like the CPU and graphics card into different compartments, then adds some water cooling and additional fans to ensure high-performance gaming does not overheat your rig.
The case is made out of steel – the total unit weighs around 22kg – with each blade serving a particular function.
Each blade has a removable front cover and casing, allowing users to get into a single section at a time.
The three blades
So, what goes where in the Trinitiy’s three-blade design?
- Blade 1: The “Performance Blade” houses the graphics card – with support for full-length cards -and multiple SSDs for extra storage.
- Blade 2: The “Storage Blade” contains the power supply, and support for 3 SSDs and 2 mechanical hard drives.
- Blade 3: The “CPU Blade” contains the mini ITX motherboard, and the CPU and RAM which slots into it, along with a water cooling unit.
The Trinity includes support for increased water cooling, sound-absorbing foam, and Nvidia’s new GeForce GTX Titan X, and can be set up at any angle – with two of its blades resting on a surface, or balancing on a single blade.
A hollow hexagonal steel tube connects all three blades and acts as a conduit for cables.
The Trinity comes in three versions, which are detailed in the table below. It should be noted that components such as processors, cooling units, and graphics cards can be upgraded at an additional cost.
The Trinity started shipping on 28 April 2015.
|Trinity 200||Trinity Xtreme|
|CPU||AMD A10-7700K 3.4GHz||Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz||Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz|
|RAM||8GB DDR3 1600MHz||16GB DDR3 1600MHz||16GB DDR4 2400MHz|
|GPU||Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB||Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 4GB||Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB|
|Motherboard||MSI A88XI AC V2||Gigabyte Z97N||AsRock X99E|
|Storage||120GB SSD + 1TB HDD||240GB SSD + 2TB HDD||240GB SSD + 2TB HDD|
|Optical drive||8x DVD writer||8x DVD writer||8x DVD writer|
|Operating system||Windows 8.1||Windows 8.1||Windows 8.1|
With its unique design comes some limitations – as seen in its list of compatible components.
- Motherboard: Mini-ITX
- Graphics card: Dual slot, 12-inch length
- Radiator: 120mm
- Power supply: ATX PS2 Full-length
- Drive bays: 2x 3.5″; 3x 2.5″; 1x slim optical
- Front I/O: 2x USB 3.0; 1x 3.5mm headphone and microphone
The Maximum PC video below shows the Trinity’s inner workings.