Many Telkom customers are complaining about long waiting times when they call the company’s help desk for support.
In the latest online discussions, ADSL users reported average holding times of between 20 and 45 minutes.
One user said his longest holding time was 1 hour and 45 minutes, after which he hung up. “I have, in total, spent over eight hours trying to resolve my problem,” he said.
While Telkom’s telephonic help desk is an effective way to resolve issues, there are other options for those looking for support.
Here are some alternatives to calling Telkom’s 10210 support line:
- If you can access the Internet, log a fault using the Telkom website (Check, Report & Track Faults).
- You can communicate with a Telkom agent using the company’s text chat service, Telkom Chat.
- Customers can SMS “SERVICE” and their number to 30591 for assistance.
- You can use the Telkom app, which can be downloaded for free for iOS and Android.
- You can tweet Telkom via @TelkomZA or post on the TelkomZA Facebook page. Telkom has a dedicated digital team working to assist customers.
- MyBroadband’s forum has an official Telkom representative called TelkomZA.