Sahara Computers closed and abandoned – Report

“One of the former employees told News24 that Sahara closed down about four months ago,” stated News24.

That's when they knew already..
 
“One of the former employees told News24 that Sahara closed down about four months ago,” stated News24.

That's when they knew already..

Actually scary thinking about it. Can't help but wondering about any possible deals / agreements, etc., between the ANC, the new leaders and Zuma and the Guptas.
 
“One of the former employees told News24 that Sahara closed down about four months ago,” stated News24.

That's when they knew already..

I don’t even think Cyril or JZ even knew 4 months ago.

The conference was a close tie and it was basically a 50-50 for the Guptas.
 
If you look on their web site the cataloger under Products is from April 2014. Perhaps selling computers to Eskom and Transnet wasn't profitable enough. It was easy just getting money for doing nothing!
 
I'm going to ask around about this, will visit Sahara PE on Monday.
 
Huh, I see it is. Three years ago? I can't find any mention of it online.
I actually meant to type 3 or 4 years ago.
I received an email informing me that my account was going to be closed and that I had to apply for a new one in Cape Town.

I never did as it wasn't financially worth it. Their product line up was already quite small by then and their prices weren't much better than Pinnacle, Rectron, Esquire or TVR, so the courier cost took them out of contention for me.
 
I bought a set of speakers from them about it 10 years ago. They literally exploded about a month later as one of the caps went pop. Pity it wasn't a big explosion but still scary.
After that never dealt with them again
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X