Urgent Call for ISDSL Tracert's

MrBEEP

Openweb Representative
Company Rep
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
5,112
Reaction score
4
Hey Friends,

I am currently compiling a mass fault logging file for users with ISDSL problems.

I have noticed that the faulty ESR this time is Bellville 3. If you connect to this ESR using IS, you will experience very bad connectivity.

In order for this to be fixed ASAP, we need MASS evidence from users.

If you are experiencing problems, please send me the following completed form:

Name and Surname:
Email Address:
Tel no of ADSL Line:
Line Speed:

Tracert to: www.saix.co.za

INSERT TRACERT HERE


Tracert to: users.isdsl.net

INSERT TRACERT HERE


Please email the above to: [email protected]


I appeal to all ISDSL users who are experiencing problems, to send me the information asap.

Kind regards
MrBEEP
 
C:\>tracert www.saix.co.za

Tracing route to www.saix.co.za [196.25.1.200]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 77 ms 78 ms 78 ms 196.38.73.253
3 312 ms 1577 ms 1718 ms curp3-rba-gi2.isdsl.net [196.38.73.222]
4 311 ms 93 ms 578 ms 196.38.73.117
5 78 ms 77 ms 78 ms 196.26.96.203
6 78 ms 77 ms 78 ms 196.26.0.250
7 921 ms 734 ms 1077 ms 168.209.86.166
8 265 ms 437 ms * 196.25.5.29
9 * 749 ms 796 ms 196.43.23.221
10 687 ms 656 ms * wblv-ip-essr-1-atm-2-0-0-2.telkom-ipnet.co.za [1
96.43.11.30]
11 624 ms 109 ms 280 ms wblv-ip-www-1.telkom-ipnet.co.za [196.25.1.200]


Trace complete.

C:\>


C:\>tracert users.isdsl.net

Tracing route to users.isadsl.co.za [196.26.208.184]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 77 ms 78 ms 77 ms 196.38.73.253
3 249 ms 2093 ms 1843 ms curp3-rba-gi2.isdsl.net [196.38.73.222]
4 233 ms 187 ms 656 ms 196.38.73.117
5 78 ms 78 ms 93 ms 196.26.96.203
6 * 93 ms 93 ms crsm2a-rba-vl1.rtr.isnet.net [196.26.0.12]
7 93 ms 93 ms 93 ms www.isdsl.net [196.26.208.184]

Trace complete.


did you get my mail?

thanks!
 
C:\>ping saix.net

Pinging saix.net [196.25.1.200] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 196.25.1.200: bytes=32 time=514ms TTL=242
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 196.25.1.200: bytes=32 time=1109ms TTL=242

Ping statistics for 196.25.1.200:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 514ms, Maximum = 1109ms, Average = 811ms

C:\>
 
Bro, please forward it to: [email protected] in the format listed above.

I unfortunately cannot harvest it from this thread.

daysleeper said:
C:\>tracert www.saix.co.za

Tracing route to www.saix.co.za [196.25.1.200]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 77 ms 78 ms 78 ms 196.38.73.253
3 312 ms 1577 ms 1718 ms curp3-rba-gi2.isdsl.net [196.38.73.222]
4 311 ms 93 ms 578 ms 196.38.73.117
5 78 ms 77 ms 78 ms 196.26.96.203
6 78 ms 77 ms 78 ms 196.26.0.250
7 921 ms 734 ms 1077 ms 168.209.86.166
8 265 ms 437 ms * 196.25.5.29
9 * 749 ms 796 ms 196.43.23.221
10 687 ms 656 ms * wblv-ip-essr-1-atm-2-0-0-2.telkom-ipnet.co.za [1
96.43.11.30]
11 624 ms 109 ms 280 ms wblv-ip-www-1.telkom-ipnet.co.za [196.25.1.200]


Trace complete.

C:\>


C:\>tracert users.isdsl.net

Tracing route to users.isadsl.co.za [196.26.208.184]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 77 ms 78 ms 77 ms 196.38.73.253
3 249 ms 2093 ms 1843 ms curp3-rba-gi2.isdsl.net [196.38.73.222]
4 233 ms 187 ms 656 ms 196.38.73.117
5 78 ms 78 ms 93 ms 196.26.96.203
6 * 93 ms 93 ms crsm2a-rba-vl1.rtr.isnet.net [196.26.0.12]
7 93 ms 93 ms 93 ms www.isdsl.net [196.26.208.184]

Trace complete.


did you get my mail?

thanks!
 
Is it ok if I send it this evening? I clearly remember experiencing some 600+ms pings to saix a last weekend and I am in bellville.

I'm at work atm ;P
 
No problem bro.

I would like to get the case sent off today, but I will add yours in a seperate email.

Vio said:
Is it ok if I send it this evening? I clearly remember experiencing some 600+ms pings to saix a last weekend and I am in bellville.

I'm at work atm ;P
 
Well finally someboady is admitting and doing something about this problem.
My IS DSL has been down for a week now...and its starting to frustrate me.

mrBeep thanx for ur effort. ;)

Will do a tracert tonight...when i get home.
 
I'll have to phone and ask him.

I am currently putting the tracert's together, but I need more. I thought more people are having problems from the way IS is being slammed.
 
MrBEEP said:
I'll have to phone and ask him.

I am currently putting the tracert's together, but I need more. I thought more people are having problems from the way IS is being slammed.

Well we are...only thing is i can olny do the tracert when i get home.
Another thing, where can i find the tracert log file?
 
Tracing route to www.saix.co.za [196.25.1.200]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 378 ms 545 ms 458 ms wblv-ip-www-1.telkom-ipnet.co.za [196.25.1.200]


Trace complete.

Still fooked here
 
Tracing route to www.saix.co.za [196.25.1.200]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 40 ms 31 ms 31 ms c1-1-1.tbnb.isadsl.co.za [196.209.64.1]
2 46 ms 46 ms 31 ms 196.38.72.217
3 46 ms 546 ms 46 ms curp2-rba-gi6.isdsl.net [196.38.72.226]
4 31 ms 46 ms 46 ms cdsl1-rba-gi0-1-46.isdsl.net [196.38.72.221]
5 46 ms 46 ms 46 ms 196.26.96.203
6 46 ms 546 ms 46 ms 196.26.0.250
7 46 ms 46 ms 46 ms 168.209.86.166
8 46 ms 46 ms 46 ms 196.25.5.29
9 46 ms 46 ms 46 ms 196.43.23.221
10 62 ms 62 ms 62 ms wblv-ip-essr-1-atm-2-0-0-2.telkom-ipnet.co.za [1
96.43.11.30]
11 62 ms 62 ms 62 ms wblv-ip-www-1.telkom-ipnet.co.za [196.25.1.200]


Trace complete.
Pinging www.saix.co.za [196.25.1.200] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 196.25.1.200: bytes=32 time=75ms TTL=242
Reply from 196.25.1.200: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=242
Reply from 196.25.1.200: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=242
Reply from 196.25.1.200: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=242

Ping statistics for 196.25.1.200:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 62ms, Maximum = 75ms, Average = 65ms
Apart from the http downtime the other day, mine is the best it's ever been in the past two months :confused: International was capped yesterday but it's still flying at maximum speed!
 
Tracing route to www.saix.co.za [196.25.1.200]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 19 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 35 ms 34 ms 36 ms 196.38.72.217
4 41 ms 39 ms 39 ms curp2-rba-gi6.isdsl.net [196.38.72.226]
5 35 ms 37 ms 35 ms cdsl1-rba-gi0-1-46.isdsl.net [196.38.72.221]
6 38 ms 36 ms 39 ms 196.26.96.203
7 37 ms 36 ms 37 ms 196.26.0.250
8 37 ms 39 ms 38 ms 168.209.86.166
9 40 ms 38 ms 36 ms 196.25.5.29
10 38 ms 39 ms 39 ms 196.43.23.221
11 59 ms 59 ms 59 ms wblv-ip-essr-1-atm-2-0-0-2.telkom-ipnet.co.za [1
96.43.11.30]
12 62 ms 62 ms 60 ms wblv-ip-www-1.telkom-ipnet.co.za [196.25.1.200]

Trace complete.


Pinging www.saix.co.za [196.25.1.200] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 196.25.1.200: bytes=32 time=60ms TTL=241
Reply from 196.25.1.200: bytes=32 time=63ms TTL=241
Reply from 196.25.1.200: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=241
Reply from 196.25.1.200: bytes=32 time=63ms TTL=241

Ping statistics for 196.25.1.200:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 60ms, Maximum = 63ms, Average = 62ms

Is ok here
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X