Recent content by Bassist

  1. Bassist

    Cellular signal booster

    I would want confirmation that it is ICASA approved, not merely the seller claiming compatibility. ICASA approval is important in South Africa.
  2. Bassist

    Cellular signal booster

    That is why I asked whether multiple users (cellphones) connected to such a device would be able to do so on multiple networks. If so, pointing the booster's antenna to one tower won't have much point if there are multiple towers each with specific networks. In that case, an omnidirectional...
  3. Bassist

    Cellular signal booster

    Since I have poor reception in my house, I thought about getting one of those cellular signal boosters and install its antenna in or on my roof. I was recommended something like this, for example: https://www.bobshop.co.za/4g-mobile-phone-signal-booster/p/681747364 Questions: 1) Does it contain...
  4. Bassist

    GPS tracker for toddler

    Airtag / other BT crowdsourcing (or whatever it is called) won't work, we have a garden out in the rural area and there are little to no other iPhone users around. It must be 100% GPS & GSM.
  5. Bassist

    Want to build a house on mother's plot

    Good points so far, thanks. My issue with option 2 is, why pay for what will come to me anyway once my parents pass. BUT, I don't want to delay building - even living in the house once it's built. Prices are going up everywhere and I'm keen to build and live in it. There is also a bit of a...
  6. Bassist

    GPS tracker for toddler

    I am looking for a reputable GPS tracker to put on my daughter in case she runs off. She is 2.5 years old. It should be possible to attach it around her like a belt, but preferably a small wristwatch. Naturally it must have a SIM card which works with an app so we can see where she is in case...
  7. Bassist

    Want to build a house on mother's plot

    Quite a simple straightforward question really: I want to build a house on my mother's 600m2 plot. She owns the plot but I want to build on it using my own money but potentially some of my father's money that he may give or loan to me. What are my options w.r.t. best financially viable, keeping...
  8. Bassist

    Telkom decommissioning landlines

    Update: security provider charges R1100 for the radio transmitter once-off. No ICASA license fees. My folks don't want fibre. Somehow they already received the stupid 4G phone now with SIM card (don't know how that happened) so the landline is now disconnected already. I thought about putting...
  9. Bassist

    Telkom decommissioning landlines

    My elderly folks got informed that Telkom will no longer be supporting copper landlines, meaning if it breaks/stolen it won't be repaired and the line will be switched off some time in the near future. A 4G telephone has been offered as a replacement, at the same cost. I'm wondering if they are...
  10. Bassist

    Are things really that bad in SA?

    Percy's closing. The barefoot, frokkie-wearing english student males from Kloof Street and area, will be shocked to hear that there is one less place where they can stuff their bearded faces with gourmet burgers and craft beers.
  11. Bassist

    Are things really that bad in SA?

    Well you brought up the topic of location, you said they people are successful because "they are in the right location" and I implied it is irrelevant by bringin up Hangberg in Hout Bay. Which you didn't know what it was as you assumed all people in Hout Bay are stinking rich.
  12. Bassist

    Are things really that bad in SA?

    Your words were: "Anyone living in Hout Bay is dripping in wealth and privilege." And I pointed out to Hangberg, which proves your statement false.
  13. Bassist

    Are things really that bad in SA?

    Then I'll reserve my response to this for later and for now, get back to the point of safety in Cape Town. Most of the murders in Cape Town occur in the Cape Flats. So how can you be murdered if you just make sure you never go there? Break-ins happen less in security complexes. So move into one...
  14. Bassist

    Are things really that bad in SA?

    Define "reasonable income bracket." How much do I need to earn to sit with friends on Clifton 4th on a Saturday sunset? Burst the bubble by helping that new guy from less fortunate background, in your team at work, instead of going straight home after work to your Netflix.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X