Recent content by rgasparotto

  1. R

    How to get scratches off of car dashboard (plastic)

    As it turns out, it didn't work out that well. Viewed from the top, in relative shade, the results were quite good. But as soon as I took it out in the bright sunlight and viewed it from eye level, there was minimal improvement. Pretty disappointing actually. So, to cut a long story short...
  2. R

    How to get scratches off of car dashboard (plastic)

    Hi All, Thanks for your help. The heatgun applied *very* carefully made the smallest scratches disappear entirely and reduced the visibility of the deep scratches to about a third. I tested on a well hidden scratch first. Ciao.
  3. R

    How to get scratches off of car dashboard (plastic)

    Here you go. Biggest scratch is about 2 cm long
  4. R

    How to get scratches off of car dashboard (plastic)

    Hi All, Can anyone suggest how to reliably get scratches out of the plastic part of a car dashboard ? I have a few deep scratches on my cubby hole (glove compartment). I would prefer a vendor who does this for a living but I'm also happy to be pointed somewhere for some techniques. Most of...
  5. R

    How long does it *actually* take to get a duplicate vehicle registration certificate?

    Did they also charge you R 3500 instead of the traffic dept R 264 ?
  6. R

    How long does it *actually* take to get a duplicate vehicle registration certificate?

    I wish I could but I’m in Johannesburg. I totally believe that Cape Town has their act together. No guessing why ;-)
  7. R

    How long does it *actually* take to get a duplicate vehicle registration certificate?

    All I would like to find out from people how long it actually took them to get a duplicate vehicle registration certificate from the traffic department. Marlboro told me it would take *60* days to get this. Because apparently there is a “whole process” behind the scenes that makes it take so...
  8. R

    How long does it *really* take to get a duplicate vehicle registration certificate ?

    Hi All I would like to find out from people how long it actually took them to get a duplicate vehicle registration certificate from the traffic department. Marlboro told me it would take *60* days to get this. Because apparently there is a “whole process” behind the scenes that makes it take...
  9. R

    Is it illegal to for me cut the grass on the street side (outside the boundary fence) of a neighbor?

    I’m trying to sell my house, and his jungle next door is going to have a negative impact on potential buyers. I can’t wait for the council to eventually fix this. Also, the entire neighborhood barring him makes sure their sidewalks look respectable
  10. R

    Is it illegal to for me cut the grass on the street side (outside the boundary fence) of a neighbor?

    Thanks all. The only reason I ask is that my neighbor is a crotchety old (possibly psychopathic) lawyer ;)
  11. R

    Is it illegal to for me cut the grass on the street side (outside the boundary fence) of a neighbor?

    Hi everybody. Does anyone know if it’s illegal to cut the grass on the street (outside the boundary fence) of a neighbor? I have a neighbor that refuses to cut it and it looks terrible. He has historically shouted at people who have tried to cut the river side area that is also outside his...
  12. R

    Samsung Galaxy S2 - MTN Ice Cream Sandwich official update

    Hi All Does anyone know when MTN is planning to release the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.03 official update ? I am looking at this site but it always shows SA as "pending": http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry/SGSII-ICS-CRS Thanks in advance, Robert.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X