Nvidia GeForce Now still lives in South Africa despite website exodus

Luis

Journalist
Staff member
Joined
Mar 12, 2026
Messages
536
Reaction score
535
Good news about GeForce Now in South Africa

South African mobile network operator Rain said the removal of all references to GeForce Now from its website was only a temporary adjustment after a revamp following the launch of its LoopPhone product.

The confirmation comes after several users of the Nvidia-powered cloud game-streaming service became concerned that it might be terminated.
 
Where are the servers that GeForce Now is running on, are we still using EU and US servers?
 
I have some insight, I have a rain Geforce Now subscription and have noticed a recent change they have made quietly - Their game servers are no longer in CPT, but now JHB.

I noticed my latency to the game server jumping quite a bit, so I opened up the latency report in geforce now whilst playing a game. Low and behold they have changed servers from CPT to JHB. At first I thought they had expanded, adding a game server in JHB. But upon checking official Geforce now status page here https://status.geforcenow.com/ - the only server for South Africa is NPA-RAN-JNB-01 [RTX 3080].

Either they have downscaled their operations for this service, or the newly activated JHB game server is experiencing issues on launch.

Also noting that I have not received any notification of these changes. Hope you could find this information useful.
 
I have some insight, I have a rain Geforce Now subscription and have noticed a recent change they have made quietly - Their game servers are no longer in CPT, but now JHB.

I noticed my latency to the game server jumping quite a bit, so I opened up the latency report in geforce now whilst playing a game. Low and behold they have changed servers from CPT to JHB. At first I thought they had expanded, adding a game server in JHB. But upon checking official Geforce now status page here https://status.geforcenow.com/ - the only server for South Africa is NPA-RAN-JNB-01 [RTX 3080].

Either they have downscaled their operations for this service, or the newly activated JHB game server is experiencing issues on launch.

Also noting that I have not received any notification of these changes. Hope you could find this information useful.
Its always be in Jhb for me, since launch.
 
Hi SkeletorZA84

Kindly advise which service you are referring to so that we can assist you accordingly.

Please also send us your email address via private message using the link below,

LoopPhone.
"The operator said as part of a phased website rollout, the GeForce Now pages were temporarily unavailable but would be restored shortly.
“GeForce Now remains available through Rain, and we continue to be a GeForce Alliance Partner,” a spokesperson said."
The evidence speaks to the contrary.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X