The official running thread™

A quick run this morning. It was quite nippy when I started. Hands were freezing. The run felt good though. Not looking forward to the 8:30 start time of the Nelson Mandela half marathon next week...going to die of the heat most likely.

1791450247204.png
 
Hey guys need some advice please. I'm new to running as I had issues with my knees before. I went to a running store a while ago and the guy suggested the New Balance 880 (version 13). I didn't really use it for but have been working up to 3-4 km over the past month with no knee pain. I didn't realize that a shoe could make such a difference. I need a spare pair but now the guy says the stack height and drop is different on the new versions. I didn't quite understand what all this is. What would you guys advise I do if I need a new pair- I really love the feel of this shoe. Thanks in advance.
 
Hey guys need some advice please. I'm new to running as I had issues with my knees before. I went to a running store a while ago and the guy suggested the New Balance 880 (version 13). I didn't really use it for but have been working up to 3-4 km over the past month with no knee pain. I didn't realize that a shoe could make such a difference. I need a spare pair but now the guy says the stack height and drop is different on the new versions. I didn't quite understand what all this is. What would you guys advise I do if I need a new pair- I really love the feel of this shoe. Thanks in advance.

The V14 will have thicker foam in the heel and forefoot so more cushioning, but the heel drop is lower. 14 is also lighter.

If you really love the V13 check online for the same shoe. It's now the best time to grab multiple pairs since they'll be marked down heavily.

And it's perfectly normal to have multiples of the same shoe if they work really well for you. :P
 
Thanks man. Unfortunately I can't find any of the v13 anywhere. What will be my next best option? Will the v14 or 15 cause me pain possibly?
 
Thanks man. Unfortunately I can't find any of the v13 anywhere. What will be my next best option? Will the v14 or 15 cause me pain possibly?
Highly unlikely. From what I can gather the V14 was an improvement in all ways. They will also be marked down. Best to go try a pair to feel how they fit.
 
So I think for now, I might try with the watch higher up and tighter when running and see how that goes. Hopefully it will give better and more solid readings. It is quite annoying doing the Base run when your HR should be 155 avg and your watch is glitching with the HR
Did this solve your issue?
 
Did this solve your issue?
Yes and no. I feel like it shows my heart rate accurately now, but i don't like what I see :ROFL: It has gotten really bad. Use to be able to do 5:30 pace at 150HR. I now have to do 6:30-7:00 pace for that HR :(

Did a 10km the other day in 58 minutes and felt quite good and chill on it. Fitness feels a lot better now, but want to keep at it to get back to my former more fit self
 
Last edited:
Yes and no. I feel like it shows my heart rate accurately know, but i don't like what I see :ROFL: It has gotten really bad. Use to be able to do 5:30 pace at 150HR. I now have to do 6:30-7:00 pace for that HR :(

Did a 10km the other day in 58 minutes and felt quite good and chill on it. Fitness feels a lot better now, but want to keep at it to get back to my former more fit self
LOL. Yeah, that's the hardest part when coming back. You immediately want to be where you were. Consistency gets you there though. I finally feel back to the level I was last year when I was at my fittest.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X